Battle Of The Beltway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle Of The Beltway

As the Battle of the Beltway approaches, here's a topic to vote on and it will help me get something off my chest.

The O's fans' annoying habit of shouting OH'S during the National Anthem at the part "OH say does that", is so old, tired, and disrespectful, it's sad.

But, it's their stadium so they can do what they want I suppose. I've never heard Braves fans shout BRAVES at the end of the National Anthem.

So, O's fans, when in RFK Stadium, please zip-it.
    Attached Files
    Yes
    75.00%
    No
    25.00%

The poll is expired.

Doesn't matter what they do. They will still get their a$$35 handed to them.
    The Q: Can the Cubs hold a 6-5 lead with 2 outs and nobody on in the 9th?

The A: No

***********My Rant on Bud Selig***********
    Selig is like a stray pigeon. Pigeons are too self-absorbed to care about anyone else. They poo on people they don't like; they poo on people they don't even know. The only real difference between Selig and a pigeon is that Selig intends to bury our heritage, our traditions, and our culture,

Comment

This doesn't concern me...Oh! Canada!
      Cristobal

Comment

Originally posted by wilkerson_rulz
        This doesn't concern me...Oh! Canada!
        June 27th, 28th, and 29th can't come soon enough
        Best posts ever:
        Originally posted by nymdan
        Too... much... math... head... hurts...
        Originally posted by RuthMayBond
        I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

They should show some respect for the National Anthem and refrain from shouting it at OPACY or anywhere else for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hannah
            They should show some respect for the National Anthem and refrain from shouting it at OPACY or anywhere else for that matter.
            They should especially refrain from it when the Orioles aren't playing. Go to a Caps game sometime and you'll hear it. Ted Leonsis banned the playing of "Rock and Roll Part II" following Caps goals because of the Maryland fans' habit of yelling obscenities during that song. Unfortunately, you can't exactly ban the National Anthem, although I know some minor leagues used to use other patriotic music instead.

I suppose that could be the next poll topic—use of the National Anthem before sporting events. My opinion is that it is a well-intended gesture that has had the unfortunate side effect of causing people to lose respect for the Anthem. That is to say, hearing it becomes routine and it's no longer a Big Deal when you hear it played. How many times have you been to a game (in any sport) and seen people standing there with their arms folded across their chests, or people continuing to walk down the aisles to their seats instead of stopping and showing respect, etc.?
            I will not assimilate into the Angelos Collective. Resistance is not futile.

Comment

Hi, 'hoo. Been a long winter. Glad to see you're back!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hannah
                Hi, 'hoo. Been a long winter. Glad to see you're back!
                Yeh, in just about ANY sport I can't really get into talking about it much during the offseason, hence my prolonged absence. Simply had nothing to say that did not involve hurling profanities in the direction of 14th & Pennsylvania, so I figured I should just keep quiet.
                I will not assimilate into the Angelos Collective. Resistance is not futile.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X