Chad Cordero's "Heater"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chad Cordero's "Heater"

Last night's game vs the Mets in the bottom of the 8th inning "The Chief" came in to pitch. His fastball topped out at 79 mph. Ummm... for a closer that is a tad bit too slow. Does he need to be sent back down AAA to rehab that shoulder of his?
    Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Originally posted by AutographCollector View Post
    Last night's game vs the Mets in the bottom of the 8th inning "The Chief" came in to pitch. His fastball topped out at 79 mph. Ummm... for a closer that is a tad bit too slow. Does he need to be sent back down AAA to rehab that shoulder of his?
    Who knows at this point? They say that there isn't anything structurally wrong, but this came on so suddenly, there must be something going on in there. I don't know if a trip to Columbus will be of much help.
    Last edited by Peorgie T; 04-17-2008, 02:31 PM.

Comment

i was watching as well, either this guy is still hiding some sort of injury, or he just needs some more time to get back to his 88-92 fastball. After seeing him hit 78-79 for the bulk of his pitches, i saw a few 81's at the end there, i hope he's alright.
      "Lopez received a routine day off from the starting lineup on Sunday, though he later entered the game as a defensive replacement.
      It's odd to see Lopez being superior defensively to anyone at shortstop, until you see that the Nats started D'Angelo Jimenez at short."

Comment

Thats not very closeresque when your fastball tops out around 80. He may have been rushed to return. Possibly a trade could be looming? I'll be surprised if Cordero or Rauch are still on the team by the end of the season.
        My collection of autographs: TTM Autos

Comment

Originally posted by Extra Innings View Post
          Thats not very closeresque when your fastball tops out around 80. He may have been rushed to return. Possibly a trade could be looming? I'll be surprised if Cordero or Rauch are still on the team by the end of the season.
          For now, they're going to bring him back slowly, having him play catch in between days that he'd be available to pitch (hopefully in non-crucial situations). I don't think there will be a trade any time soon, with the state of the Nats' bullpen this season. So far, Rauch has proven he's not closer material; he even almost made a 6 run lead in the 9th into a nail biter last night.

Comment

RHP Chad Cordero came out of the game Tuesday night after straining his right latissimus muscle on a fastball in the ninth inning, and the closer, who started the season on the disabled list with shoulder tendinitis, expects to return to the DL. "Hopefully it doesn't take too long. Maybe three weeks or so, or four weeks," Cordero said. "If that's what they want to do, I'd be more than happy to do that. There's no sense in me going back out there with a strained lat, especially with the way my shoulder is right now. I could probably use a couple weeks off, just to make sure everything is all right."

"Lopez received a routine day off from the starting lineup on Sunday, though he later entered the game as a defensive replacement.
            It's odd to see Lopez being superior defensively to anyone at shortstop, until you see that the Nats started D'Angelo Jimenez at short."

Comment

He'll miss 4-6 weeks with a torn shoulder adductor (whatever that is).

Comment

This doesn't look good, should he just tank the year and get ready for next year?

It's obvious he won't be able to bring it for now with these issues.
                Cristobal

Comment

Damn, Cordero is probably gonna get traded. This sucks, he used to be one of my favorite pitchers. But, Oh well, thats the MLB

Comment

Originally posted by nextnatspitcher12 View Post
                    Damn, Cordero is probably gonna get traded. This sucks, he used to be one of my favorite pitchers. But, Oh well, thats the MLB
                    If a team does take him (via trade or if he is just outright released) he would more than likely be sent to the minors to rehab. Or he'll just be on the DL for the remainder of the season.

if he is gone, who would take his place that is on the team now? Ray King? Wasn't he closer with another team before?
                    Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

I hope this doesn't turn into another John Patterson-case. That would suck, losing your ace and closer before the All-Star break.
                      Trusted traders list-
                      Mike D. Rockhound, MadHatter

2007 PawSox Dunkin Donuts set: 24/30.

Still need: Kevin Cash, Jacoby Ellsbury, George Kottaras, Jon Lester, Brandon Moss and Ed Rogers.

Comment

Calling Patterson an ace was largely wishful thinking given the number of innings he pitched in the last three seasons.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X