Opinions of Jim Bowden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions of Jim Bowden

What do National fans think of Bowden and the job he has done? Is he the right man for the GM job? I know some Reds fans hold him in low regard from his time in Cincinnati.

Originally posted by Steve Jeltz View Post
    What do National fans think of Bowden and the job he has done? Is he the right man for the GM job? I know some Reds fans hold him in low regard from his time in Cincinnati.
    I think he does a good job getting something out of nothing (Belliard, Young, Boone, Flores), but his love for Wily Mo, and the Milledge for Schneider and Church trade are starting to look like mistakes. If the Lerners start opening their wallets and let the GM spend some money, I'm not sure if he's the right guy if the LoDuca pickup is any indication.

Comment

Originally posted by Peorgie T View Post
      I think he does a good job getting something out of nothing (Belliard, Young, Boone, Flores),
      Yep, if Bowden does have a strength, it is getting reclamation projects. In Cincy, he picked up the likes of Ron Gant, Jeff Brantley, Pete Schourek and Mark Lewis for cheap and actually made the playoffs in 1995 with those players.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X