Nats have to confront Soriano ordeal now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nats have to confront Soriano ordeal now

The Dominican team was eliminated from the WBC today.

This situation reminds me of when Juan Gonzales went to Detroit several years ago. The Tigers got him and hoped they could sign to a long term contract. However, he didn't want to be there and it showed!
    At least, he did play his position between injuries.
    Soriano doesn't want to help the team by even thinking about changing positions
    and it just shows you how things have switched since free agency.
    This appears to be a situation where the Nationals have screwed themselves and they have no one to blame but themselves. Everyone who knows anything about Soriano realizes he wouldn't switch positions in Texas so why expect a change in Washington?

Comment

I think of it this way-If Soriano doesnt want to help the team, he is only hurting himself. He's the FA this winter.

Comment

I don't know if the CBA allows this or not, but I'm thinking Jim Bowden should
        suspend Soriano, without pay. Soriano will probably get by without the $$$ for the next year, but the suspension won't help his negotiating power as a FA, next winter.

Some years ago, a player in the NHL decided he wasn't going to play unless the team re-negotiated his contract. The team suspended the guy, hoping this would get him back on the ice, it didn't and he sat the whole season. Needless to say, he wasn't with the team the next season.

Don't you just love these players who think they're above the team.
        CBk Oldtimer #16 now #29

Comment

According to todays WP, the Nats are considering putting him on the disqualified list, which would mean they dont have to pay him, and could still keep him on the 25 man roster.

Comment

According to http://www.washingtonpost.com, Soriano is going to start in left field tonight and Wednesday.
            I will not assimilate into the Angelos Collective. Resistance is not futile.

Comment

I gave up radio for Lent so I am hearing this second-hand, but someone said that Frank pencilled in Soriano for left field tonight. In the top of the inning when the Nats were taking the field, Fonzie refused to go to left so Frank pulled him.

Can anybody confirm this or not?

Eddie Cunningham
              20 20

Finally---something Nats and Birds fans can agree on!

Comment

Originally posted by eddiejc1
                I gave up radio for Lent so I am hearing this second-hand, but someone said that Frank pencilled in Soriano for left field tonight. In the top of the inning when the Nats were taking the field, Fonzie refused to go to left so Frank pulled him.

Can anybody confirm this or not?

Eddie Cunningham
                You are correct.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X