New Road and Alternate Unis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Road and Alternate Unis

I like the new road jersey a lot, and the red is OK, but that blue with the stars and stripes DC logo is just fugly.

http://shop.mlb.com/family/index.jsp...origkw=3378854

Originally posted by Peorgie T View Post
    I like the new road jersey a lot, and the red is OK, but that blue with the stars and stripes DC logo is just fugly.

http://shop.mlb.com/family/index.jsp...origkw=3378854
    I agree. Also, a kind of slap in the face to Canadian fans who follwed the franchise. I don't care for the gray uni. I prefer the white. Thanks for the word Fugly...I like it.
    sigpic
    Washington? Good Grief!

Comment

Originally posted by 108stitches View Post
      I agree. Also, a kind of slap in the face to Canadian fans who follwed the franchise. I don't care for the gray uni. I prefer the white. Thanks for the word Fugly...I like it.
      I like the stars/stripes DC logo w/ the blue, but certainly as an alternate. Though the way things are going w/ MLB merchandise, there will be a different uniform for every day of the week soon.

Sorry about the Canadians, but maybe if there had been more of them, they would still have have a team in Motreal. The Nationals are DC's team now.

Comment

Originally posted by bryanac625 View Post
        I like the stars/stripes DC logo w/ the blue, but certainly as an alternate. Though the way things are going w/ MLB merchandise, there will be a different uniform for every day of the week soon.
        Apparently, they will only wear them a couple of times; maybe 4th of July or some other special occasion. We'll probably see the red jerseys on Sundays, same as before, but I wonder if they'll still wear the red DC caps since the new jersey has a curly W.

Comment

Hey guys,speaking of montreal,how come you guys dont sell any expos merchandise,i mean they were your former team, and i kno the senators are the other former team but that was years ago and u guys sell that stuff. so why not sell expos gear?

Comment

Originally posted by NYMFAN47 View Post
            Hey guys,speaking of montreal,how come you guys dont sell any expos merchandise,i mean they were your former team, and i kno the senators are the other former team but that was years ago and u guys sell that stuff. so why not sell expos gear?
            For the same reason the Rangers and Twins don't sell Senators gear. It was in the past and has nothing to do with their cities.

Comment

but still..they took up most of your history and those items are a rare find..but then again if they ever get another team..i think they have some of the history,montreal but im not sure,if they do then theyll just sell it...i hear they have may stores full of expos gear

Comment

My own feeling is that all logos that use the Stars and Stripes as a "pattern" are unattractive, and I know some folks--veterans--who would interpret them as disrespectful (the flag is the flag, not a "theme").

That aside, though...

I wonder if anybody in the marketing department at the Nationals has ever thought about the difference between "Washington" and "DC." (For those who have never been there, I will explain...) Washington is the federal city, lobbyists, national organizations, the monuments, the tourists, and people who move there from other parts of the country. DC, on the other hand, is the south-of-the-Mason-Dixon, majority-black city, the Kilimanjaro, Chuck Brown and Rare Essence, Fugazi and the original 9:30. Sometimes people come to Washington, and stumble across DC while they're there.

In short, "DC" is not Stars and Stripes. Anything but.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X