Chances the Nats get Big Tex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chances the Nats get Big Tex?

I was knocked over by the offer they made him. Didnt think they would go that high. I heard 8 years 160 Mill. Looks like the highest at this point. So my question is, what do you folks think the chance he signs with Washington (also have the hometown connection) are?

G Rizzle
    0 % - Not going to happen
    18.18%
    1-25 % - Marginal chance
    45.45%
    26 - 50 % - Decent chance
    27.27%
    51 - 75 % - I think it will happen
    9.09%
    76 -99 % - Almost a lock
    0.00%
    100 % - Done deal
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

I'd love to see him in a Nationals uniform but think it's highly unlikely.

With all the problems of Nick Johnson and Dmitri Young, I think 1st base must be cursed in this town.
    "For the Washington Senators, the worst time of the year is the baseball season." Roger Kahn

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby.

Comment

I think Boston will end up with him, but I'm glad to see the Lerners finally step up and show they are willing to spend for the right FA. If they don't get Tex, they'll probably try for Dunn (if he's still available), which would be OK if they can get him for a reasonable number of years. At least they'd finally have a legitimate HR threat to protect Zimmerman in the lineup.

Comment

It looks like so far my vote has been the most optimistic, I gave it a 51-75% because I think he knows coming to Washington, theres no ones else in his way to become the big star, well except for Christian Guzman of course, but you get the idea, the offer basically matches all other offers to him this offseason, the only reason I'm not sure is because he seems to like teams who are in the playoff running, and the Nats certainly aren't one of those.

Comment

Big Tex is from Maryland, so if he wants to be closer to home this would be a good fit. This also would be good for the Nats as an organization. Think about it. Ticket sales would go through the roof, Texiera jerseys, shirts, etc ,etc... having a bonafide cleanup guy (Would Zim bat thrird?), and pretty good defense. I woudln't mind seeing it. Of course is he willing to play for a team that sadly won't see the post season for a while?
          Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

Player rarely sign to be closer to home. The Nats have simply driven up the price. Scott Boras loves you.
            Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Look like the 0 % guys were right on. Never heard him even consider the Wash offer even though it was the first. Seems like he is down to Boston and Anaheim with BMore a distant third.

G Rizzle

Comment

Originally posted by gman5431 View Post
                Look like the 0 % guys were right on. Never heard him even consider the Wash offer even though it was the first. Seems like he is down to Boston and Anaheim with BMore a distant third.

G Rizzle
                He told you this?

I'm not saying that I think they will sign him (I'm one of the 1-25%)but every rumor I've seen still mentions the Nats in the running.

Comment

G Rizzle
                  Wrong. Baltimore is now out of the equation.
                  "He is the greatest natural hitter I ever saw." -Ty Cobb

"I copied Jackson's style because I thought he was the greatest hitter I had ever seen, the greatest natural hitter I ever saw. He's the guy who made me a hitter." -Babe Ruth

"Everything he hit was really blessed. He could break bones with his shots. Blindfold me and I could still tell you when Joe hit the ball. It had a special crack." -Ernie Shore

Comment

From what i hear its the Red Sox and Angels.

G Rizzle

Comment

G Rizzle
                      Sounds like the Angels aren't offering what the other teams are, I still think he'll go to Boston.

Comment

I've heard that the Nationals could have an offer to Tex around $200MM. The only other teams pursuing him right now is the Red Sox and Angels. I believe that the Orioles are out. So they have around a 33% chance of signing him IMO.

Comment

G Rizzle
                          Red Sox are out. Its Angels and Nats.
                          "He is the greatest natural hitter I ever saw." -Ty Cobb

"I copied Jackson's style because I thought he was the greatest hitter I had ever seen, the greatest natural hitter I ever saw. He's the guy who made me a hitter." -Babe Ruth

"Everything he hit was really blessed. He could break bones with his shots. Blindfold me and I could still tell you when Joe hit the ball. It had a special crack." -Ernie Shore

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X