No announcement yet.

Ryan Church sent down to New Orleans!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan Church sent down to New Orleans!!!

http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/...=.jsp&c_id=was

Someone had to go, and, given the spring that Byrd and Watson have had, Church was the odd man out. I hope he can get his swing back, so he can either come back up if needed, or bring something worthwhile in trade.

Comment

When you get right down to it, maybe this wasnt a bad idea. They need to keep guys that are the better fit, and not get caught up in the "we can send him down because we have options left on him" mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by Peorgie T
        Someone had to go, and, given the spring that Byrd and Watson have had, Church was the odd man out. I hope he can get his swing back, so he can either come back up if needed, or bring something worthwhile in trade.

Church's career major league stats > Watson's career major league stats.
        Church's career AAA stats > Watson's career AAA stats.
        Church's career A and AA stats > Watson's career A and AA stats.
        Church's 2006 Spring Training stats < Watson's 2006 Spring Training stats.

I can't believe we based our decision on one spring training.
        The Q: Can the Cubs hold a 6-5 lead with 2 outs and nobody on in the 9th?

The A: No

***********My Rant on Bud Selig***********
        Selig is like a stray pigeon. Pigeons are too self-absorbed to care about anyone else. They poo on people they don't like; they poo on people they don't even know. The only real difference between Selig and a pigeon is that Selig intends to bury our heritage, our traditions, and our culture,

Comment

--Bowden is a moron.

Comment

seems like Bowden's starting to get senile on top of already being a poor GM.
            RIP Dimebag, Mitch, John, & Grey Cat

AUXILIUM MEUM A DOMINO

Angel of Death
            Monarch to the kingdom of the dead
            Infamous butcher,
            Angel of Death

Comment

Originally posted by leecemark
              --Bowden is a moron.
              Ditto!

Bowden is an idiot.
              Cristobal

Comment

From the Washington Post

"Church, 27, said he was shocked by the move, and that "I didn't think it was a competition or anything like that." Yet he had a poor spring, hitting .200 with one double and one homer in 55 at-bats."

Huh? Not a competition? Either poor communication from the management or we've gotten a little complacent at camp.

Comment

There are times when I get depressed about the team I chose to align with, then there are times I thank god I didn't pick worse choices. This is one of those times.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Dak
                    From the Washington Post

"Church, 27, said he was shocked by the move, and that "I didn't think it was a competition or anything like that." Yet he had a poor spring, hitting .200 with one double and one homer in 55 at-bats."

Huh? Not a competition? Either poor communication from the management or we've gotten a little complacent at camp.
                    Sounds like he took a page from the Alfonso "I didnt know I was supposed to play today" Soriano playbook.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X