Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nationals ballpark

Hey Nats fans,

My son and I will be taking in a ballgame in a couple of weeks, and I was wondering if there is anything special about the Nationals ballpark that we should check out while we're there. Statues, plaques, museum...anything of the sort?
    The Writer's Journey

Teddy's BBQ...a must! In all seriousness, how old is your son? There is a good bit of stuff for kids in the "Family Fun Area" out in Center Field Plaza. If you're attending a Sunday game, you're son may be able to take part in the "Kids Run the Bases" program. As for histroy things, the Center Field Plaza is also home to statues of Josh Gibson, Frank Howard and Walter Johnson.

Whatever you do, make sure you are in your seat during the middle of the 4th inning. You do not want to miss the President's Race! Maybe poor Teddy Roosevelt will win one...

That's all I can think of right now.

Comment

Thanks Cod! My son is 10, and it is a Sunday game we are attending. He will get a kick out of the Josh Gibson statue for sure, I've told him some of the legends of Gibson and his name is Josh too.

Teddy's BBQ is at the park? Or is that an after-game suggestion?
      The Writer's Journey

Comment

Teddy's is at the park. Ironically, also located near the Center Field Plaza. Your son will likely get a huge kick out of the President's Race as well.

Hope you and your son enjoy the game!

Comment

You might want to try a half smoke from Ben's Chili Bowl for something you'll only find in DC. There's one on the lower level on the LF side, and another on the upper level on the RF side.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions all. Still trying to wait for prices to drop a little on Stubhub, the Nats charge an arm and a leg LOL.
            The Writer's Journey

Comment

Originally posted by hairmetalfreek View Post
              Thanks for the suggestions all. Still trying to wait for prices to drop a little on Stubhub, the Nats charge an arm and a leg LOL.
              That is because DC has not been effected by the on-goingin economic crisis. The government does not layoff employees, so everyone around here has a job; and most make upper level salaries.

Comment

Originally posted by Cod View Post
                That is because DC has not been effected by the on-goingin economic crisis. The government does not layoff employees, so everyone around here has a job; and most make upper level salaries.
                That makes sense. I finally snagged a couple of upper deck seats I think for about $12 apiece, which isn't terrible I suppose. The Orioles, on the other hand, third row for $15 each, which regardless of how bad they are, is a great deal.
                The Writer's Journey

Comment

So hairmetalfreek, what did you think of those "illusion of motion" statues? They're really odd.

Otherwise a fantastic ballpark though.
                  :cap: Everything from parking to peanuts at the ballgame...check out www.BallparkEGuides.com! :cap:

Comment

Didn't you know Walter Johnson was such a great pitcher because he had six throwing arms?

Comment

Originally posted by Peorgie T View Post
                      Didn't you know Walter Johnson was such a great pitcher because he had six throwing arms?
                      My bad, need to brush up on my history...I forgot about Frank Howard's amazing strength too, able to swing eight bats at once...
                      :cap: Everything from parking to peanuts at the ballgame...check out www.BallparkEGuides.com! :cap:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X