• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aa3rt
    Still a Senators fan!
    • Oct 2003

What's wrong with Adam LaRoche?

Much as I like the guy, Adam LaRoche's BA is in free fall, hitting .172 after last night's (May 20th) game. I read some on line reference saying that he's playing hurt but no mention was made of what's ailing him.

EDIT: I realize that LaRoche is a notoriously "slow starter" but we're already a quarter of the way through the season, with no improvement.

I'll admit that I never really paid much attention to him before he joined the Nationals roster-has he always used that stiff appearing batting stance?
    Last edited by Aa3rt; 05-21-2011, 07:39 AM.
    "For the Washington Senators, the worst time of the year is the baseball season." Roger Kahn

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby.
  • BigRon
    • Jan 2009

I haven't seen LaRoche much this season-only a couple of games in Pittsburgh. He struggled a lot in the first half of the season his years in Pittsburgh- sometimes April, sometimes May. In recent years he's hit better in the second half, sometimes much better. I really don't know what causes it, or if he has some other problems this year. I will say that he has a really big swing- not compact. There seem to be some holes that pitchers can exploit. That said, I always liked Adam and thought he'd do better than he has. He has good power, can hit the ball in the gap too. He's a really good defensive first baseman. Four years ago I thought he'd be a consistent .280, 30 homer guy playing at PNC. I was wrong, though. If he doesn't do it soon he's probably not going to do it.

Comment

• Aa3rt
      Still a Senators fan!
      • Oct 2003

Finally! A news release regarding LaRoche's woes...

Form the Washington Nationals website, an article that states the Adam LaRoche was diagnosed with a torn labrum in spring training and is now seeking a second opinion as he believes it's affecting his swing:

News on Adam LaRoche's shoulder problems
      "For the Washington Senators, the worst time of the year is the baseball season." Roger Kahn

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X