X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davey Johnson new Nationals manager?

From Fox Sports:

Davey Johnson reportedly to be new Nationals skipper
    "For the Washington Senators, the worst time of the year is the baseball season." Roger Kahn

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby.

That would be a great hire! I'd love to see Johnson in the dugout again. It's been way too long!

Comment

It's official-Davey Johnson will return to the bench for the first time in almost 11 years starting with tonight's game in Anaheim as the Nationals take on the Angels:

Davey Johnson new Nationals manager
      "For the Washington Senators, the worst time of the year is the baseball season." Roger Kahn

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby.

Comment

I hope he still has the touch to keep the team winning. The added bonus is that he's right down the road from the team who hasn't had a winning record since he left in '97.

Comment

Originally posted by Peorgie T View Post
          I hope he still has the touch to keep the team winning. The added bonus is that he's right down the road from the team who hasn't had a winning record since he left in '97.
          Yeah. Great baseball move, great business move. Greats thinking on Washington's part. I missed Davey Johnson's era, though, and I'm eager to catch the skipper of the '86 Mets. There could be growing pains - a lot of managers lose their touch after years out of the game, but Davey's a smart guy who has the sabremetric pedigree to do some real damage. Here's looking forward to the immediate future of the Nats!
          The Evil Empire shall strike back again!
          http://litbases.wordpress.com/

Comment

Johnson predicts Nats can make the playoffs this year...

I hope he's right but the hitting and relief pitching need to be more consistent...

From Foxwest Sports...

Comment

Originally posted by Aa3rt View Post
              I hope he's right but the hitting and relief pitching need to be more consistent...

From Foxwest Sports...
              The eternal case.
              The Evil Empire shall strike back again!
              http://litbases.wordpress.com/

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X