Anthony Rendon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthony Rendon

After seeing Rendon rip a shot down the line that almost took Michael Young's arm off, I noticed he's playing SS today. I've been wondering since Zimmerman got his new contract, what was the plan going forward? The Nat's have many options as they can use Rendon as a major trade chip in a deadline deal or if he can, have him play a new position (I was thinking 2B or OF - SS didn't occur to me) as some of the current players will have their salaries escalate quite a bit as they move thru arbitration.

Granted, he has to show he can stay healthy as he already has a bit of an injury-prone tag attached to him. But I like how he stands at the plate and it's a good problem for the Nat's to have right now.
    "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Before Desmond's breakout season last year and the showing of Lombardozzi, I figured Rendon would play 2B and Espinosa would move to SS (Espy's natural position). Now, I believe Rendon will probably spend the next season and a half at AA or AAA in preparation for LaRoche's departure in two years. Then Zimmerman will go to first, Rendon to third, and the middle infield will stay the same. This seems even more likely these days with all the shoulder / oblique issues that Zimmerman has been dealing with the past few seasons.
    But then what do we do with Lombardozzi?

The Nats have a "good" problem to figure out...seems win-win all the way around.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X