Gio Gonzalez appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gio Gonzalez appreciation thread

You really gotta hand it to Gio Gonzalez. The guy got off to a really rough start, but has turned it around and since June 1 is 2-0 with 44 strikeouts and a 1.79 ERA in 40.1 innings. Hitters are batting only .176 against him and have a meager OPS of .532.

Gonzalez is a big reason the Nationals developed into the excellent team they were last year and why they're a game over .500 this year, rather than under the mark.

I suppose he can be appreciated until he gets his 60 day ban for steroids.
    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

He's doing poorly this year, but he had a solid year in 2014 and finished 2013 with a 3.36 ERA while averaging nearly a strikeout per inning.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X