Nationals trade Drew Storen for Ben Revere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nationals trade Drew Storen for Ben Revere

The Nationals traded pitcher Drew Storen to the Blue Jays for outfielder Ben Revere. Storen had 43 saves and a 2.75 ERA in 2011 and a 1.12 mark in 65 games in 2014. Revere has hit .306 since 2013 and led the National League in hits in 2014.

Dealing from a position of depth to bolster an area of need, the Blue Jays traded outfielder Ben Revere to the Washington Nationals Friday night for right-handed reliever Drew Storen.

Storen, 28, served as the Nats’ closer last season prior to their trade for veteran Jonathan Papelbon. He could take over the same role in Toronto or pitch as the right-handed setup man to Roberto Osuna.

Read more:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/blueja...ew-storen.html

I'm torn on this deal. The Nats needed a center fielder that provides consistent offense, defense, and speed. Revere fits that need pretty well. On the other end, we give up Storen. Storen is great during the regular season, but he cannot get it done in the post-season...reminds me of a relief pitching David Price with how bad he is in the playoffs. Before someone throws stats at me, no stat can display how well an individual pitches under pressure, which is where Storen suffers greatly.

Guess we'll see how everything plays out.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X