C: Gary Carter, Wilson Ramos
    1B: Ron Fairly, Nick Johnson
    2B: Jose Vidro, Ron Hunt
    3B: Tim Wallach, Ryan Zimmerman
    SS: Ian Desmond, Orlando Cabrera
    LF: Tim Raines
    CF: Andre Dawson
    RF: Vladimir Guerrero, Bryce Harper, Larry Walker
    SP: Steve Rogers, Dennis Martinez, Jordan Zimmerman, Pedro Martinez, Javier Vazquez
    RP: Tim Burke, Tyler Clippard, Mel Rojas, Andy McGaffigan, Jeff Reardon

How many games would this team win against 2016 competition if all of these Nationals players were together in their Nationals prime?

The way I see it is the starting rotation would be among the best in baseball to go along with a very good bullpen. The lineup would be the best in baseball. Excellent bench as well. All that said 105 wins should be possible.
    My dream ballpark dimensions
    LF: 388 Feet...Height 37 Feet...LCF: 455 Feet...CF: 542 Feet...Height 35 Feet
    RCF: 471 Feet...RF: 400 Feet...Height 60 Feet
    Location....San Diego

Originally posted by Sockeye View Post
    C: Gary Carter, Wilson Ramos
    1B: Ron Fairly, Nick Johnson
    2B: Jose Vidro, Ron Hunt
    3B: Tim Wallach, Ryan Zimmerman
    SS: Ian Desmond, Orlando Cabrera
    LF: Tim Raines
    CF: Andre Dawson
    RF: Vladimir Guerrero, Bryce Harper, Larry Walker
    SP: Steve Rogers, Dennis Martinez, Jordan Zimmerman, Pedro Martinez, Javier Vazquez
    RP: Tim Burke, Tyler Clippard, Mel Rojas, Andy McGaffigan, Jeff Reardon

How many games would this team win against 2016 competition if all of these Nationals players were together in their Nationals prime?

The way I see it is the starting rotation would be among the best in baseball to go along with a very good bullpen. The lineup would be the best in baseball. Excellent bench as well. All that said 105 wins should be possible.
    Don't know that I feel competent to generate a 25-man, but in terms of starting position players, I'd go...

C - Carter
    1B - Fairly
    2B - Vidro (but I think Murphy's going to supplant him before it's over)
    SS - Desmond
    3B - Larry Parrish
    LF - Raines
    CF - Dawson
    RF - Ellis Valentine

...and if I had to choose one SP to fill out the line-up, it would have to be Dennis Martinez getting the slight nod over Pedro mainly b/c Dennis was the ace of the franchise for longer.

Would be interesting to see someone put an all-time WASHINGTON (Senators I and II, and Nationals) 9-man or 25-man together. Seems we have some with the expertise around here to maybe see that.
    www.facebook.com/UnifyBaseball

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X