No announcement yet.

So, this forum's had a tough week, almost like it was in a brawl or suspended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, this forum's had a tough week, almost like it was in a brawl or suspended

Not completely certain what happened--conflicting stories from the grapevine, one about hackers, another about normal maintenance, and still another hint that there's some upgrade the admin is preparing to do ( )... let's hope for that last one.

But having said that... just putting it out there that I'm one of those still trying to figure out what's fair as far as penalties following a brawl as we saw this week.

That is, from where I sit, because Strickland is a relief pitcher, and by design doesn't play everyday anyhow, but rather might pitch on average every second or third day, his 6 games is at-best pretty much an equivalent to what Harper ended up with... ie, 3 games.

And yet, by everyone's account, seemingly including Buster Posey by interpretation of the response, Strickland was deserving of more punishment than Harper.

Moreover... Strickland and his Giants actually get the best of the deal b/c of how much more valuable Harper is to his team than Strickland is to theirs.

Got to be a better way.
    www.facebook.com/UnifyBaseball

Strickland hasn't forgotten about the two homers Harper hit of him in the 2014 playoffs. The best revenge would have been to strike Harper out and then point, shout or do something else at Harper. It would be funny if Strickland became a National next year.

If you watch the brawl again, you'll notice a few things. One was Posey not even attempting to restrain Harper from charging the mound. While many have made excuses and defended Posey's actions, or non-actions, I will not. Posey should have stepped in and tried to calm Harper down, even if Posey doesn't like Strickland. Second, notice how slow the Giants infielders were to react. They just casually jogged into the fray. These two things tell me the Giants have dissension among themselves and Strickland is not the most popular guy in the clubhouse.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Jeltz View Post
      Strickland hasn't forgotten about the two homers Harper hit of him in the 2014 playoffs. The best revenge would have been to strike Harper out and then point, shout or do something else at Harper.
      Right. Could there have been a more cowardly way to seek revenge? It's an attitude that reminds me of something like John Rocker might've done.

Originally posted by Steve Jeltz View Post
      These two things tell me the Giants have dissension among themselves and Strickland is not the most popular guy in the clubhouse.
      Broken record here... think the same could be said for Rocker, no?

So, but I'm pondering whether maybe a solution is to just not even bother with suspensions, but rather, to take the other route and issue whatever is considered a suitable fine... and rather than a set amount, do it by percentage of salary so that there's a control for players making much more or much less than each other.

Yes? Maybe? No way?
      www.facebook.com/UnifyBaseball

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X