This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Brooklyn Dodger History!

I am starting this NEW THREAD to cover OUR ENTIRE BROOKLYN DODGER HISTORY in PHOTOS, NEWS STORIES and ARTICLES of INTEREST. I invite ALL members to enjoy it, and contribute to it.

How PROUDLY she will always stand....OUR EBBETS FIELD....in glorious black & white.

From an eBay listing.

c.

Dodger yearbooks

I have dodger yearbooks from 1955, 1956 and 1957. Then i have LA Dodger yearbooks though the mid 80's.

Comment

Nice photo of BURT SHOTTON, OUR Manager in late 40's/early 50's....

From an eBay listing.

c.

Comment

-------------------

Comment

-----------1890------------

Comment

--------------------------

Comment

-------------------

Gil Hodges should be in the Hall of Fame...Dammit! :grouchy

Comment

I have always loved this picture. I can never tell who the players are though. I'ts from BALLPARKSOFBASEBALL.com
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Shotgun Shuba; 09-04-2005, 08:44 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shotgun Shuba
                  I have always loved this picture. I can never tell who the players are though. I'ts from BALLPARKSOFBASEBALL.com
                  That is JOHNNY PODRES on the mound, and the Milwaukee Braves, Johnny Logan, #23, on deck.

c.

Comment

Thanks DD. That sure looks like Jackie at first and Junior Gilliam maybe? I wish it was sharper. It would have been a rare day at first for Jackie but that could be Gil, it just doesn't look like him to me. I could be very wrong though. My guess is that this was 1953.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shotgun Shuba
                      Thanks DD. That sure looks like Jackie at first and Junior Gilliam maybe? I wish it was sharper. It would have been a rare day at first for Jackie but that could be Gil, it just doesn't look like him to me. I could be very wrong though. My guess is that this was 1953.
                      You are right, SS, it is difficult to make them out.

I do, however, think it was 1955. The reason I say that is, while I am not 100% positive, I think the Schaefer Player Awards (posted on OUR Scoreboard) didn't start until 1955.

c.

Comment

This is a photo of IVAN "IVY" MASSIE OLSON of OUR TEAM sometime between 1910-1914.

From an eBay listing.

c.

Comment

This is BRAD BILL DAHLEN of OUR Team, sometime between 1910-1914.

From an eBay listing.

c.

Comment

Originally posted by DODGER DEB
                            You are right, SS, it is difficult to make them out.

I do, however, think it was 1955. The reason I say that is, while I am not 100% positive, I think the Schaefer Player Awards (posted on OUR Scoreboard) didn't start until 1955.

c.
                            On the Schaefer awards sign the top name looks like Valo. If that is so it would be 1957, which is the only year Elmer Valo played for the Dodgers. The problem is I don't remember Valo doing anything that would have gotten him player of the week.
                            Lets get Eddie Basinski elected to the Polish Sports Hall of Fame.
                            www.brooklyndodgermemories.com

Comment

This is the 1916 World Series Score Book (as it was called) between the Boston Red Sox and OUR BROOKLYN team....

From an eBay listing.

c.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X