This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bklyn Boy since 1936
    From what I can tell, Cherinko was a Catcher who played in 30 games in 1937 and 12 games in 1938. He had a very undistiguished career of 75 ABs, 11 Hits, 1 Run, 5 RBIs, 16 SOs and a total BA of .147.

Albosta Pitched in 1941 and had a 0-2 record with a 6.23 ERA. He pitched a total of 13 innings and gave up 11 hits, 8 Walks and had 5 Ks. After that, he must have gone into the service and Pitched for Pittsburgh in 1946 with an 0-6 recordn and a 6.13 ERA in 17 games with 6 saves, 44 Walks and 19 Ks.

Thanks for the info, BB36.

c.

Comment

Don't forget Larry MacPhail set them on the right course before Branch showed up. He turned the Brooklyn franchise around when it was going to the dogs.
      It's possible the team could have moved without his help.

Comment

$7.35 for a World Series ticket?

Originally posted by DODGER DEB
        Here is OUR 1955 World Series Game 7 Ticket to OUR WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.......OUR MOMENT IN TIME...

From an eBay listing!

c.
        What a deal, even 50 years ago!

Comment

Here is a ONE of a KIND ticket to OUR 1955 World Series, at OUR EBBETS FIELD...

From an eBay listing.

c.

Comment

THIS belongs to US!

From an eBay listing.

c.

Comment

Nice photo of LUIS OLMO, who came up to BROOKLYN in July 1943, and played for US through the 1940's. I believe he was the first Hispanic to play for US.

From an eBay listing.

c.

Comment

That's my dad!

I just found this website...very cool...and this thread is especially interesting.

Two guys to the left of Jackie Robinson (Jackie's left, your right) is my dad, (Lefty) Joe Hatten, Pitcher.

My wife and I are just now trying to collect images of the '46-'51 Dodgers, especially those with my dad's picture in them. If you have some photos from that time frame and would be willing to make some copies (we'll pay!) please contact us at [email protected]

Thanks
                Don and Sylvia Hatten
                Redding, California

Comment

Originally posted by hattend
                  I just found this website...very cool...and this thread is especially interesting.

Two guys to the left of Jackie Robinson (Jackie's left, your right) is my dad, (Lefty) Joe Hatten, Pitcher.

My wife and I are just now trying to collect images of the '46-'51 Dodgers, especially those with my dad's picture in them. If you have some photos from that time frame and would be willing to make some copies (we'll pay!) please contact us at [email protected]

Thanks
                  Don and Sylvia Hatten
                  Redding, California

So nice to welcome a BROOKLYN DODGER FAMILY to OUR little corner of the baseball world.

There are many here, including myself, who certainly remember your Dad, Joe.
                  WE will keep an eye out for any photos of him and certainly let you know about them.

In the meantime, feel free to browse throughout OUR threads, and do join in on the discussions. If you care to, you can start by telling US all about Dad...YOU will certainly have a very attentive audience here.

Again, welcome!

c.

Comment

Hatten had a couple of decent seasons with the Dodgers, but what I remember most was that he was the starting pitcher on April 15, 1947, and he threw the pitch to DiMaggio in Game 6 of the '47 Series that made a hero of Al Gionfriddo...for the second time in that Series.

Joe was 29 when he made his ML debut. What took him so long?
                    Last edited by ; 10-06-2005, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shlevine42
                      Hatten had a couple of decent seasons with the Dodgers, but what I remember most was that he was the starting pitcher on April 15, 1947, and he threw the pitch to DiMaggio in Game 6 of the '47 Series that made a hero of Al Gionfriddo...for the second time in that Series.

Joe was 29 when he made his ML debut. What took him so long?
                      The way I heard it from my dad, he was called by the Dodgers in '41 and was to sign a contract for the 42 season but a little thing called WW2 got in the way. My dad went into the Navy and got out in '45 and went to training camp. His first season was '46. My mom says he could have been a bigger "star" had he reported in '41. He still had a strong arm at 29, he pitched a double header in one day (amazing! Love to see some of the players nowadays do that...LOL!)

I will have to gin up a story about my dad over the next few days. I need to consult my mom on the "Dodger/Cub days" as my dad was already in AAA ball by the time I was born. He was playing on the Havana Cubanos winter ball club in 1954 when I was born in Havana....hehehe.

Don

PS: My wife has turned into an avid fan of the Brooklyn Dodgers... she is looking for any and all pics of the 40's-50's Dodgers and I'm sure she will be contacting all of you who have the cool photo collections. :gt

Comment

Has anyone found a photo of the final game at EF on 9/24/57?

Or of the ballpark and area on the day after - or in the week or month after?

Comment

The way I heard it from my dad, he was called by the Dodgers in '41 and was to sign a contract for the 42 season but a little thing called WW2 got in the way. My dad went into the Navy and got out in '45 and went to training camp. His first season was '46. My mom says he could have been a bigger "star" had he reported in '41. He still had a strong arm at 29, he pitched a double header in one day (amazing! Love to see some of the players nowadays do that...LOL!)

I will have to gin up a story about my dad over the next few days. I need to consult my mom on the "Dodger/Cub days" as my dad was already in AAA ball by the time I was born. He was playing on the Havana Cubanos winter ball club in 1954 when I was born in Havana....hehehe.

Don

PS: My wife has turned into an avid fan of the Brooklyn Dodgers... she is looking for any and all pics of the 40's-50's Dodgers and I'm sure she will be contacting all of you who have the cool photo collections. :gt

Here is JOE HATTEN -

From an eBay listing.

c.

Comment

Originally posted by EbtsFldGuy
                            Has anyone found a photo of the final game at EF on 9/24/57?

Or of the ballpark and area on the day after - or in the week or month after?
                            For some strange reason, there isn't a whole lot available. I have some newspaper stories, and one photo of a couple of young female fans crying, but thats all I have been able to find.
                            Lets get Eddie Basinski elected to the Polish Sports Hall of Fame.
                            www.brooklyndodgermemories.com

Comment

Don

The book by Donald Honig, The Brooklyn Dodgers, An Illustrated Tribute has a real nice photo of your dad on page 131, as as well as photos of all the Brooklyn Dodgers. It's an excellent book.
                              Lets get Eddie Basinski elected to the Polish Sports Hall of Fame.
                              www.brooklyndodgermemories.com

Comment

Photograph of Casey Stengel in a Brooklyn uniform

What a find that picture is. Thanks Dodger Deb for the post.
                                No, I'm never going to get over the Dodgers leaving New York!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X