Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help Me Identify....

Hi Everybody.

I recently purchased a poster of the 1955 (World Champion) Brooklyn Dodgers Team Photo.

But in the caption listing the players names, all the non-uniformed men are listed as "UNIDENTIFIED." Among them is the very recognizable Happy Felton. I think you're familiar with the photo.

If it's not too much trouble, would someone please post the team photo and name the unidentified "extras?"

Thank you so much.

Charlie in Japan
    (from Bay Ridge years ago)

P.S. My wonderful Japanese girlfried learned to say "Ha-did-da Daahjuz make out?"

Originally posted by BayRidgeBrooklyn
    Hi Everybody.

I recently purchased a poster of the 1955 (World Champion) Brooklyn Dodgers Team Photo.

But in the caption listing the players names, all the non-uniformed men are listed as "UNIDENTIFIED." Among them is the very recognizable Happy Felton. I think you're familiar with the photo.

If it's not too much trouble, would someone please post the team photo and name the unidentified "extras?"

Thank you so much.

Charlie in Japan
    (from Bay Ridge years ago)

P.S. My wonderful Japanese girlfried learned to say "Ha-did-da Daahjuz make out?"

If WE are looking at the same team photo of OUR 1955 World Champions, Bay RidgeBrooklyn, four of the non-uniformed members standing along side OUR players besides Happy, are Lee Scott (Traveling Secretary), he's the one standing behind coaches Jacke Pitler and Joe Becker. To the left are John (Senator Griffin), OUR Clubhouse Manager, and standing next to him is Andre Baruch, one of OUR sportscasters. Standing to Happy's left is Harold (Doc) Wendler, OUR Trainer. The remaining two I am not too sure about. I'll check and if I come up up any names, I'll post them. Perhaps someone else will chime in with their names.

Hope this helps!

c.

Comment

Just Two More Names Needed

Thank You Dodger Deb! You Rule!

That leaves just two unidentied suits...

2nd Row: to Erskine's immediate right, mustache, dark suit with striped tie

1st Row: to Campanella's immediate left, gray suit, squatting

Thanks.

Charlie

Comment

Thank You Dodger Deb! You Rule!

That leaves just two unidentied suits...

2nd Row: to Erskine's immediate right, mustache, dark suit with striped tie

1st Row: to Campanella's immediate left, gray suit, squatting

Thanks.

Charlie
        You are quite welcome, Charlie!

That 2nd Row one is Andre' Baruch. It's the one behind him (light jacket) and Senator Griffin, that is the one I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by DODGER DEB
          You are quite welcome, Charlie!

That 2nd Row one is Andre' Baruch. It's the one behind him (light jacket) and Senator Griffin, that is the one I don't know.

Andre Baruch (Mr. Bea Wain), a war hero with a golden voice, was arguably the most inept baseball announcer ever.

Comment

Originally posted by musial6
            Andre Baruch (Mr. Bea Wain), a war hero with a golden voice, was arguably the most inept baseball announcer ever.
            I will definitely second that one, musial6!

I never could understand just why he was hired for that job. He was the worst!

c.

Comment

Originally posted by DODGER DEB
              I will definitely second that one, musial6!

I never could understand just why he was hired for that job. He was the worst!

c.
              He was under contract to the ad agency that handled Lucky Strike--a Dodger sponsor.

Comment

Originally posted by musial6
                He was under contract to the ad agency that handled Lucky Strike--a Dodger sponsor.
                Fifty years later, the mystery is solved.

THAT explains it.

I, too, was baffled then why the Dodgers let him behind the mike. He knew less baseball than my cocker spaniel did.

Comment

MUSIAL6: Andre Baruch (Mr. Bea Wain), a war hero with a golden voice, was arguably the most inept baseball announcer ever.

Strike out the word, "arguably". No arguements on this one!!

Comment

Still 2 men unidentified.

Thanks again Deb.

That leaves the following two men unidentified:

1st Row: man in light gray suit SQUATTING next to Campanella

2nd Row: TALL MAN in light suit, standing between Clubhouse Man John Griffin and Announcer Andre Baruch (short, mustache, dark suit, blue striped tie).

Also, could someone explain Andre Baruch's second name "Bea Wain?"

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks again Deb.

That leaves the following two men unidentified:

1st Row: man in light gray suit SQUATTING next to Campanella

2nd Row: TALL MAN in light suit, standing between Clubhouse Man John Griffin and Announcer Andre Baruch (short, mustache, dark suit, blue striped tie).

Also, could someone explain Andre Baruch's second name "Bea Wain?"

Thanks.
                      Well, Andre Baruch was married to Bea Wain. Does that help?
                      Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours. - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by Dodgerfan1
                        Well, Andre Baruch was married to Bea Wain. Does that help?
                        She of "Deep Purple," "Heart and Soul," and "My Reverie."

Comment

Again, Two Men Still Unidentified

Thank you all for your insightful comments. But still. two men remain unidentified:

1) Tall man, light suit, standing between Clubhouse Man John Griffin and Announcer Andre Baruch

2) Man squatting next to Campanella in first row.

...Any advice? Thanks again.

Comment

The guy next to Erskine may be Horace "Sudsy" O'Granahan from the Community Relations Department.

Comment

"Sudsys" or Baruch ?

Thanks Ebbets Field Guy.

But according the the folks above, the short man to Erskine's immediate right is Andre Baruch.

Back to our final two unidentified men:

1) The TALL man in light suit, standing between Clubhouse Man Griffin and Announcer Andre Baruch

2)The man squatting next to Campanella in front row.

Thank you.

Charlie
                              ("Loinin 'em Brooklynese heah in Japan.")

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X