Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas Present

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Christmas Present

    I got a copy of the New York Daily News 40th Anniversary of the '55 Brooklyn Dodgers WS Championship magazine from 1995 for Christmas...what a great present, chock full of great photos and stories!

    Anyone else get any neat Dodgers presents?

    Ken Ingram

  • #2
    I got that same Daily News magazine as you! that's pretty funny.
    Yeah i gotta bunch of Dodger stuff. I got a Jackie Robinson shirt, Duke Snider autographed photo, Jackie Robinson's autobiography, and a huge poster showing some famous events in Dodger history.
    "It kills me to lose. If I'm a troublemaker, and I don't think that my temper makes me one, then it's because I can't stand losing. That's the way I am about winning, all I ever wanted to do was finish first."

    -Jackie Robinson

    55 and 56 chmps.... The two headed monster

    Comment


    • #3
      I got a 50 anniversary Brooklyn t-shirt, 2 50th anniversary pins, a Christmas tree pin that says Dodgers at the bottom, One thing I wanted and did not get was a Dodger Christmas ornament.

      Comment


      • #4
        Nomar and Billy Mueller thank you!!!!! Sadly, every nostalgic Dodger fan adds to the coffer of that which they hate the most, the LOS ANGELES Dodgers. I guess it's a trade off. No franchise has ever profited more from a dastardly act.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Gotham
          Nomar and Billy Mueller thank you!!!!! Sadly, every nostalgic Dodger fan adds to the coffer of that which they hate the most, the LOS ANGELES Dodgers. I guess it's a trade off. No franchise has ever profited more from a dastardly act.
          Well I love the Los Angeles Dodgers but I cherish the Brooklyn great history. I am currently reading the book "The Last Good Season" by Shapiro Is a great read that tells the changes going on in Brooklyn and what factors led to the team moving west.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by crzblue
            I got a 50 anniversary Brooklyn t-shirt, 2 50th anniversary pins, a Christmas tree pin that says Dodgers at the bottom, One thing I wanted and did not get was a Dodger Christmas ornament.
            I received many Brooklyn Dodger gifts this year (I'm quite the BD collector). My favorite gift, however, was a Brooklyn Dodger Christmas ornament! My mother-in-law received an Ebbetts Field snow globe that plays "Take Me Out to the Ball Game". She is now 83 years old and it brought tears to her eyes along with a big smile. It was a great Christmas.
            Last edited by SYLVIA HATTEN; 01-07-2006, 12:23 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by SYLVIA HATTEN
              I received many Brooklyn Dodger gifts this year (I'm quite the BD collector). My favorite gift, however, was a Brooklyn Dodger Christmas ornament! My mother-in-law received an Ebbetts Field snow globe that plays "Take Me Out to the Ball Game". She is now 83 years old and it brought tears to her eyes along with a big smile. It was a great Christmas.
              I'm jealous. My Ebbets Field snow globe is silent.

              Comment


              • #8
                With tomorrow being Christmas Day, I remember my Dad bringing me to visit his sister at a hospital a few miles from EF on that day in 1959 or 1960.

                After the visit, we drove to see the ballpark. Though I was only a kid, I remember how sad it looked and how down I felt on what otherwise was a joyful day.

                Though I’ve returned several times since then, my last visit convinced me to never return.

                Too upsetting

                Instead, I enjoy the memories of the always happy visits to 55 Sullivan Place..

                All of us here will never forget the BROOKLYN Dodgers.
                Still patiently waiting @ at Sullivan & McKeever (once THE corner in MLB) for the Brooks to return from their extended road trip.

                Comment

                Ad Widget

                Collapse
                Working...
                X