My generation sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My generation sucks

Now, I'm not one to complain, or anything like that, but it's really hard to be 14 yearz old and have an infatuation with the Brooklyn Dodgers when no one knows that there was baseball in Brooklyn. Now I would lyk to know, this is directed to the younger people, if any one has this problem and I'd like to discuss it with you. Thanx a bunch
    "It kills me to lose. If I'm a troublemaker, and I don't think that my temper makes me one, then it's because I can't stand losing. That's the way I am about winning, all I ever wanted to do was finish first."

-Jackie Robinson

55 and 56 chmps.... The two headed monster

That's ok. The Dodgers need a guy like you around to keep the team alive. Your at an age where you can become a leading authority on the team's history and carry on the legacy of the folks here.
    "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
    Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Tell me about it considering ur my cousin and we r the only 2 people who are 14 and know something about baseball history its get old when we have to go to our relatives to talk to them about baseball and we still no more so yes i agree our generation does SUC!!!!!!
      "All I had was natural ability."
      -Mickey Mantle

55 chmps and I are always looking to extend our unbeaten trivia record!

Comment

It is sad. I am not picking on the posters here, but your spelling is atrocious. I think E-Mail is hurting our kids more than we knew.

Comment

He spelled Brooklyn right. Thatz al thet cownts.

Comment

Originally posted by Gotham
            It is sad. I am not picking on the posters here, but your spelling is atrocious. I think E-Mail is hurting our kids more than we knew.
            They know how to spell. That's the way kids write these days. They're creating their own grammar.
            "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
            Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Originally posted by runningshoes53
              They know how to spell. That's the way kids write these days. They're creating their own grammar.
              It is the same in Dutch. Children use abreviations in normal language, that they use with MSN or SMS as well. IMO it is a devaluation of your language. :grouchy

But nevertheless I think it is a good thing that a 14 year old loves the Brooklyn Dodgers.

Comment

Originally posted by runningshoes53
                No, they do not know how to spell. As for "creating their own grammar," that is a euphemism for "being ungrammatical." And the title of this thread reminds me of the Japanese version of an ad for an American vacuum cleaner: "Nothing sux like Electrolux."

Should a 14-year-old be overly concerned about the fact that it is difficult for him to be infatuated with the Brooklyn Dodgers? Since 55 chmps clearly understands his predicament, he should be able to deal with his pain painlessly. I suspect he will be able to indulge himself even if he does not know anybody who shares his interests. I collect hardcovers published by Ballantine from 1952 to 1961. There is only one other person in this universe with a similar affliction, and he does not like to talk about it. In addition, this hobby is quite dangerous; two other Ballantine collectors I knew died young. Nevertheless, my enthusiasm remains at fever pitch.
                Last edited by donzblock; 12-31-2005, 04:08 AM.

Comment

In addition, this hobby is quite dangerous; two other Ballantine collectors I knew died young. Nevertheless, my enthusiasm remains at fever pitch.[/QUOTE]

This reminds me of the Curse of the Mummies Tomb. Which, come to think of it, might be a Ballantine title itself. Maybe the old books are producing a killer spore!! Burn your books, quickly!!!!!

Comment

O i m soooooo sry 4 u Gotham. I will type bttr just 4 u bud. But u missd the pnt of the thread . Thats a dam shame.
                    "All I had was natural ability."
                    -Mickey Mantle

55 chmps and I are always looking to extend our unbeaten trivia record!

Comment

55 chmps. Every movement starts with one or two people. Get yourself a Brooklyn Dodger cap and shirt, start wearing them, people start asking questions and there you go. One of the great things about baseball is it's history,and the Brooklyn Dodgers are part of that great history.

Comment

I have noticed that many of the younger people have a tendacy to use chatroom spelling on the message boards. Some of the "kidz" don't understand the proper etiquette. Cut them a break as most kids wou't even see movies made before they were born, much less black and white movies. I have kids about 10 year ago who never heard of John Wayne. h
                        http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/ex...eline_1961.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by 56 chmps
                          O i m soooooo sry 4 u Gotham. I will type bttr just 4 u bud. But u missd the pnt of the thread . Thats a dam shame.

Great, a smart mouthed kid. How refreshing.

Comment

Originally posted by chiefpaddy
                            55 chmps. Every movement starts with one or two people. Get yourself a Brooklyn Dodger cap and shirt, start wearing them, people start asking questions and there you go. One of the great things about baseball is it's history,and the Brooklyn Dodgers are part of that great history.
                            I mean that's a good idea chiefpaddy, but the problem is no one gives a damn if you have a Brooklyn emblem on your shirt or hat. The only question I do get about my Dodger stuff is usually from Yankee fans and it's usually "Is that a Red Sox hat?" They don't know anything about this stuff. That's what i'm tryin to get across.
                            "It kills me to lose. If I'm a troublemaker, and I don't think that my temper makes me one, then it's because I can't stand losing. That's the way I am about winning, all I ever wanted to do was finish first."

-Jackie Robinson

55 and 56 chmps.... The two headed monster

Comment

Originally posted by 56 chmps
                              Perhaps, but when you don't use the King's English, your credibility is compromised.

I am glad you guys are understanding the nostalgia and history of the game and the Brooklyn Dodgers. However, you must understand that many expect the proper (a spelling or typo here and there is understandable) English is the norm. We have several younger posters that hold their own, but they post in standard English.

Don't be scared off by some, good luck in learning about the past of this wonderful game.
                              http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/ex...eline_1961.jpg

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X