Did you like Gene Hermanski?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you like Gene Hermanski?

Gene Hermanski is the only living player in the Dodger's starting lineup from Jackie Robinson"s first game in 1947.
    Do you have any memories of Gene?
    He was involved in the Andy Pafko trade

I thought Spider Jorgenson was still alive. At least someone was advertising a signing by him for this past Sunday in Brooklyn. Did something happen this weekend that was not in the news???
    Spider played third base and I believe was in the lineup that day.

Comment

Jorgensen was in the lineup that day, as were such immortals as Schultz, Rackley,Vaughn and the ever-popular Ed Stevens.

On the Braves side were Culler, Hopp, Litwhiler, the infamously destructive Bama Rowell, and my personal favorite, Sibi Sisti.

Return to those thrilling days of yesteryear and see the complete box score right here at:
      www.baseball-almanac.com/boxscore/04151947.shtml
      Last edited by shlevine42; 09-24-2002, 10:30 AM.

Comment

starting lineup

Thanks for setting me straight guys.
        I'll have to let Gene down a notch next time I talk to him.
        He gave me that information.

Comment

Gene Hermanski

Just met Gene and his lovely wife last week. Went over to his home and helped them understand the internet. Gene is doing fine at 86. Saw some great pics of him with Robinson and Dimatto.

Comment

Originally posted by shlevine42
            Jorgensen was in the lineup that day, as were such immortals as Schultz, Rackley,Vaughn and the ever-popular Ed Stevens.

On the Braves side were Culler, Hopp, Litwhiler, the infamously destructive Bama Rowell, and my personal favorite, Sibi Sisti.

Return to those thrilling days of yesteryear and see the complete box score right here at:
            www.baseball-almanac.com/boxscore/04151947.shtml

I know you were trying to be facetious, but Arky Vaughn is probably one of the 3-4 greatest shortstops of all time.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X