X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DODGER DEB
    replied
    Originally posted by LouGehrig
    I am CERTAIN that you simply made an error when you omitted a most important part of the above quote.

Yes, Dodger Deb, there ARE Yankees fans who want to see Gil Hodges in the HOF.
    But, of course, Lou! My mistake. Thank you for reminding me!

c.

Leave a comment:

• LouGehrig
    replied
    Originally posted by DODGER DEB
    Everything you said about GIL is absolutely true, but, of course to make 2007 "the year it finally happens", WE will need the help of every loyal and true BROOKLYN DODGER fan, as well as many NY METS fans
    I am CERTAIN that you simply made an error when you omitted a most important part of the above quote.

Yes, Dodger Deb, there ARE Yankees fans who want to see Gil Hodges in the HOF.

Leave a comment:

• kramer_47
    replied
    Gil Hodges

I bought these phone cards about 11 years ago, they are in my collection. This is a unique item because I think it is the first and only phonecards saluting the Brooklyn Dodgers. Gil was the only player with his own phonecard, I don't know why there wasn't others depicted, it was only a 3 card set.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kramer_47; 02-23-2006, 12:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DODGER DEB
    replied
    Originally posted by johnny
    I wonder if the fellow in the middle is the Clubhouse Attendent called 'The Senator' aka John Griffin.
    One of the Dodger Old School Faithful is gonna have to have the answer to that one.

But all the pics are fantastic.

THAT guy in the middle is none other than the owner himself, the Big "O", a name WE BROOKLYN fans try real hard not to mention here on OUR forum.

c.

Leave a comment:

• johnny
    replied
    great pics

Originally posted by kramer_47
    Here's Gil, Carl, Peewee, Walt and another guy after our glorious win in 1955. I got this from Ebay.
    I wonder if the fellow in the middle is the Clubhouse Attendent called 'The Senator' aka John Griffin.
    One of the Dodger Old School Faithful is gonna have to have the answer to that one.

But all the pics are fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• kramer_47
    replied
    Gil Hodges

Here is a great picture of Gil I got from Ebay.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• bobw357
    replied
    Gil Hodges,1956 Japan Tour

Image is from a color slide in my personal collection:
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• DODGER DEB
    replied
    As I noted in the OUR BROOKLYN DODGER HISTORY thread, I must ask that you identify, on each posted photo, WHERE you got it from (the source).

Anyone who has posted any photos should go back and put the identifying tag on it.

Please keep this in mind when posting any future photo, story, or article.

Thank you.

c.
    Last edited by DODGER DEB; 02-14-2006, 08:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kramer_47
    replied
    Gil Hodges

Originally posted by theAmazingMet
    Even rarer cause he is wearing the hated LA on his cap, and not the B which should still be worn by the players in the Dodgers organization! They should have never moved, but money is the root of all evil.
    I know but it wasn't Gil's fault he still lived on Bedford Ave.

Leave a comment:

• kramer_47
    replied
    Gil Hodges

Here's Gil, Carl, Peewee, Walt and another guy after our glorious win in 1955. I got this from Ebay.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kramer_47; 02-14-2006, 09:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• theAmazingMet
    replied
    Originally posted by kramer_47
    Here's Gil in a rare pose with a fielders glove on.
    Even rarer cause he is wearing the hated LA on his cap, and not the B which should still be worn by the players in the Dodgers organization! They should have never moved, but money is the root of all evil.

Leave a comment:

• kramer_47
    replied
    Gil Hodges

Here's Gil in a rare pose with a fielders glove on I got it from ebay.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kramer_47; 02-14-2006, 09:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kramer_47
    replied
    Gil Hodges

Here is a nice picture of Gil from Ebay in 1955 after he hit a home run and he is being greeted by his teammates.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• kramer_47
    replied
    Gil Hodges

I had this magazine from Sept 1952 in my collection, it has a great cover and alot of good stories. One of the stories was " What's Happened to Al Gionfriddo?", he seemed to disappear after that great catch in 1947 WS, well he was still bouncing around Dodgers farm system in 1952 at double A Ft Worth Cats.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• kramer_47
    replied
    Gil Hodges

Here is a picture of Gil and Pee Wee signing autographs for the kids.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X