Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

For all the Brooklyn Dodger fans who actually saw the Dodgers play or listened to them on the radio, did you lose the love of the Dodgers when they moved out to Los Angeles?
    "It kills me to lose. If I'm a troublemaker, and I don't think that my temper makes me one, then it's because I can't stand losing. That's the way I am about winning, all I ever wanted to do was finish first."

-Jackie Robinson

55 and 56 chmps.... The two headed monster

Originally posted by 55 chmps
    For all the Brooklyn Dodger fans who actually saw the Dodgers play or listened to them on the radio, did you lose the love of the Dodgers when they moved out to Los Angeles?
    I still supported and followed our Brooklyn players but not the LA team. As the brooklyn players dwindled so did my interest in the team.
    Lets get Eddie Basinski elected to the Polish Sports Hall of Fame.
    www.brooklyndodgermemories.com

Comment

Question

I felt the same way Tony, the Dodgers don't exist after 1957, but I supported the Brooklyn Dodgers players who happened to be in LA. In 1957 I was so sad I told my grandfather i'm going to be a Baltimore Orioles fan, he bought me there hat, today even though i'm a Mets fan I still have interest in the Orioles. Where did most of the fans interest go, I know I couldn't cross over to the Yankees, I guess most fans waited the 5 years for the Mets
      Lets support Gil Hodges for The Hall of Fame, a true Hall of Famer.

Comment

After the 1957 season, as far as I was and am still concerned, the Dodgers no longer existed. The Los Angeles National League baseball team as indecent as it was should have had the decency to leave the name Dodgers where it belonged, in Brooklyn, and call themselves the Los Angeles O'Malleys. So no, I never paid attention to them again.

Comment

I was only 10 when the Dodgers moved, so I stayed tied with them through the 60's due to Koufax & Drysdale and then drifted away.
          Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X