Team flags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team flags

I know the Dodgers had flags for the different teams on top of the Schaefer screboard. Were they put in the order of the National League standings, as some teams did?
    Lets get Eddie Basinski elected to the Polish Sports Hall of Fame.
    www.brooklyndodgermemories.com

Originally posted by tonypug
    I know the Dodgers had flags for the different teams on top of the Schaefer screboard. Were they put in the order of the National League standings, as some teams did?
    YES!!

The flags across the entire roof of OUR Ebbets Field also had the flags of the NL teams. They were changed every day, as the standings changed!

c.

Comment

Originally posted by DODGER DEB
      YES!!

The flags across the entire roof of OUR Ebbets Field also had the flags of the NL teams. They were changed every day, as the standings changed!

c.
      I believe there were 16 flagpoles around the edge of the roof going from the bleachers in centerfield around to the end of the roof down the first base line in rightfield and, as DD said, the eight NL teams flags were flown in order according to their standings that day with an American Flag between each NL team flag. However, I'm not sure if the order of the standings went from centerfield to rightfield or the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by Bklyn Boy since 1936
        I believe there were 16 flagpoles around the edge of the roof going from the bleachers in centerfield around to the end of the roof down the first base line in rightfield and, as DD said, the eight NL teams flags were flown in order according to their standings that day with an American Flag between each NL team flag. However, I'm not sure if the order of the standings went from centerfield to rightfield or the other way around.
        I think they went from centerfield to rightfield, BB36.

c.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X