Partial Broadcast Game 5, 1955 World Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partial Broadcast Game 5, 1955 World Series

I got a flier in the mail from Rare Sports Films Inc. advertising a DVD of a partial TV broadcast of game 5. It includes the 1st 3 innings in full and parts of 5,6 and 7. They also have a new 58 minute DVD of the '55 Series highlights that includes a series preview and a post game Locker room interview with Johnny Podres. I don't see either of these listed on the site yet but but if you go to www.raresportsfilms.com there's probably an email or phone number you can call. I saw it and immediately thought of you folks and thought I'd pass it on. I've purchased other stuff from there and it's all been good even though it's a bit expensive IMO. Excuse me if this has already been posted.

P.S. I'm not trying to hawk the thing. I used to post here regularly and just thought some of you might be interested if you didn't already know about it. I've still got the flier so if you want more info just ask.
    Last edited by zman; 02-09-2006, 06:55 AM.

Originally posted by zman
    I got a flier in the mail from Rare Sports Films Inc. advertising a DVD of a partial TV broadcast of game 5. It includes the 1st 3 innings in full and parts of 5,6 and 7. They also have a new 58 minute DVD of the '55 Series highlights that includes a series preview and a post game Locker room interview with Johnny Podres. I don't see either of these listed on the site yet but but if you go to www.raresportsfilms.com there's probably an email or phone number you can call. I saw it and immediately thought of you folks and thought I'd pass it on. I've purchased other stuff from there and it's all been good even though it's a bit expensive IMO. Excuse me if this has already been posted.

P.S. I'm not trying to hawk the thing. I used to post here regularly and just thought some of you might be interested if you didn't already know about it. I've still got the flier so if you want more info just ask.
    Thanks for the info. That would be a great item to see. I wonder if Vin Scully was the broadcaster for those innings. I assume he broadcast the games on tv with Mel Allen in 55 as he did in 56. Does anyone know who the radio broadcasters were for the 55 W.S.?

Comment

Originally posted by stan opdyke
      Thanks for the info. That would be a great item to see. I wonder if Vin Scully was the broadcaster for those innings. I assume he broadcast the games on tv with Mel Allen in 55 as he did in 56. Does anyone know who the radio broadcasters were for the 55 W.S.?
      The Ad says..."You'll see the first 3 innings of action as famed Yankee broadcaster Mel Allen does the play by play. Later you'll hear Dodger voice Vin Scully call parts of innings 5,6 and 7." Says it's got the original TV commercials between innings too, just like it was seen on TV. They don't mention innings 8 and 9. It's not a complete game broadcast and I'm not really sure what parts are missing. Interesting note. It says there are only 5 complete game TV broadcasts from before 1965 known to exist. 2 oldest are stored in the Museum of Broadcasting in NYC and the other 3 are in the "private" collection of RareSportsfilms Inc.
      Last edited by zman; 02-14-2006, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X