Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bring the Dodgers back to Brooklyn, once and for all.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring the Dodgers back to Brooklyn, once and for all.

have we given up on bringing the dodger's back? look the angels have about taken over the la area. the dodgers may be needing a new park before to long. many, many brooklyn dodger fans across the country. apathy in la. I know territory rights. brooklyn is it's own territory. new york city supported three teams during the depression! it's lack of intrest that keeps people away. dodgers in brooklyn would bring baseball not only to brooklyn, but back to america in a big way. If the city said hey, we've got a team who wants to come home, the dodgers could be grandfathered in. the guy that owns the team is from boston, he hates the yanks to, I'm sure. let's battle it out in court. let's float the proposal. let's see what we can do, this time in the cold light of day. a dodger met's rivalry, which there's a little of any way could be exploited. the mets would make even more money, every body would. what does everybody think? battlin bake the dodger dynamo.

p.s to the last post, we would love the new ownership as much as we hate o'malley. sincerely, battlin bake, the dodger dynamo

Comment

Though I doubt that the LA National League Franchise will relocate, in the next decade or two, I believe that Brooklyn will emerge as a prime candidate for a MLB franchise. The record setting NY Penn League success of the Brooklyn Cyclones at the gate was the first step in returning MLB to Brooklyn. The next step should be the likely financial success of the Brooklyn Nets of the NBA.

Though substantial territorial fees will have to be paid to the Mets and Yankees, there could easily come a point when someone with vision sees Brooklyn as too good of an opportunity to pass up. Even with the heavy upfront costs.

An unfortunate aspect of the possibility of Brooklyn getting another MLB team is the Dodgers name, team logo, history, and records will likely never be returned to Brooklyn ( they should be returned to Brooklyn regardless of whether Brooklyn gets another team but that's besides the point ). If the proves to be the case though, there's nothing legally that can prevent the new Brooklyn franchise from being called the Trolleys.

Comment

Originally posted by D6+ View Post
        Though I doubt that the LA National League Franchise will relocate, in the next decade or two, I believe that Brooklyn will emerge as a prime candidate for a MLB franchise. The record setting NY Penn League success of the Brooklyn Cyclones at the gate was the first step in returning MLB to Brooklyn. The next step should be the likely financial success of the Brooklyn Nets of the NBA.

Though substantial territorial fees will have to be paid to the Mets and Yankees, there could easily come a point when someone with vision sees Brooklyn as too good of an opportunity to pass up. Even with the heavy upfront costs.

An unfortunate aspect of the possibility of Brooklyn getting another MLB team is the Dodgers name, team logo, history, and records will likely never be returned to Brooklyn ( they should be returned to Brooklyn regardless of whether Brooklyn gets another team but that's besides the point ). If the proves to be the case though, there's nothing legally that can prevent the new Brooklyn franchise from being called the Trolleys.
        If MLB awarded Brooklyn a new franchise but the Dodger name, logo, history and records stayed in California, do you think the Brooklyn fan base for the new team would be like it was for the Brooklyn Dodgers? I'm wondering if it isn't the Dodger name, logo, history, etc that most on this board are trying to find and reconnect to and that a brand new team in Brooklyn without any of the old memories, traditions, history, records, etc. satisfy this need. What are the thoughts for a new franchise in Brooklyn with no ties to the past (other than, perhaps, the name Trolleys)? Would such a team over time fade the memories of the Brooklyn Dodgers faster and/or limit new and younger fans from even be interested in the Dodger history?

Comment

I think without a connection to uncle robbie, zack wheat, dazzy vance, van lingle mungo, whitlow wyatt, dixie walker, durocher, mcphail, rickey, and our beloved boy's of the summers of the 40's and fifties. then the team that moves in might as well have new york in front of their name. with no connection to the past, there's just no connection. unless we can pull those great players from out of the past and put them on the field. remember nobody ever thought the dodgers would leave brooklyn. really they haven't have they. the dodgers haven't won a pennant in the town where they've been visiting since 1988. I believe they'll finish fourth in their division, how many teams are in that division? what does that say. it's gonna take some body with guts and vision, oh, and money. a borough wide revitalization plan that starts with the dodgers. after recent scandals in baseball, baseball needs something. this could be it. I think la officials and fans have chosen their team and it's not the visiting brooklyn dodgers. never say never, we did that once before. the only thing for certain is uncertainty. when the economics are there, the face of base ball will change and americas past time surely come to the fore again. It should start in brooklyn. what a great thing. there's base ball in washington, milwaukee is in the national league. now we need to eliminate the road blocks, we do not hate the team, instead of giving up, we need to fight like never before. I'm sure all the country, at least baseball fans every where ( except maybe a certain city ) even the league if they were honest about it would agree no other city has held onto a team the way we have. we deserve more than a major league franchise, we deserve the dodgers. we put up all these arguments against it. like were trying to convince ourselves that we won't get them back so why bother, it'll just break our hearts all over again to hope. no, I say, no! never, never give up the fight. unite and eliminate the barriers that prevent it from happening. let's start a dialog with team ownership. the o'malley's are gone! it's like as long as there where they are, we want no part of them. If we want the kidnapped children returned home we have to talk and negotiate with who has them. we've been resistant to do so. I to am guilty of that, but now some one other than o'malley has control of our baseball destiny, our birth right, our brooklyn dodgers. from maine to florida from flatbush to frisco rabid "Brooklyn Dodger" fans are everywhere. the mistake that is made is to think brooklyn dodger fans only live in brooklyn. you don't have to live there anymore to want them there. It's where they belong, period. while wearing brooklyn dodger "symbols" I have been confronted with old arguments from giant and yankee fans. they just can't accept we never let go. we shouldn't. until the cry is "wait till this year" we have to keep moving in a direction to bring the dodgers back. I believe who ever has the team would love some sort of brooklyn connecton to be rebuilt. think of the p.r. think of the fan base. it would be a major step, just to have a conversation, the city of brooklyn and the dodger ownership. thanks, battlin bake the dodger dynamo

Comment

I love your enthusiasm and "never say die" attitude, dodger dynamo. I guess stranger things have happened. But, sadly enough, I doubt it'll happen in my lifetime.

Comment

our baseball lives are eternal if I could rebuild ebbets field right now anywhere in the city, of course it would be for me, but more so it would be for everyone who misses and cherishes the dodgers. just close your eyes imagine any player you want that ever lived or that might have lived in another reality. a reality where the dodgers never left or that glorious day when they come back. it's late summer early fall and a pennant hangs in the balance. we've got a beautiful new ball park "dodger field" it has a lot of character and has some ebbets field reminders. the grass is ebbets green and it even smells sort of the same. this player who ever it is, is wearing number 58 as a reminder. the bases are f.o.b , old dodgers are in attendance. the new dodger symphony band is playing. cow bells ring from the bleechers. the opposing players have had to listen to "the walking song" all afternoon. dee dum ,dee dum,dee dum "CRASH!" were behind by three runs now and it's the bottom of the ninth. and this guy our fabled great brooklyn dodger, hits a grand slam. it clears the clock tower in deep center field landing on dodger walk where the brooklyn dodger museum is at the intersection of gil hodges blvd. the guys in orange and black the visiting jints are dead. and our guy is in love with the city as much as we are him. he alway's gives away his hat after a home run to the closest kid he can find. follow the dodgers plays on the loud speaker, there's base ball in brooklyn, and we've got another story to add to our memories. I hoped every body liked that. It was for all of you. battlin bake, the dodger dynamo.
              Last edited by dodger dynamo; 09-29-2007, 10:48 PM.

Comment

As much as I would love the Dodgers to go back to Brooklyn, this will never happen. The Mets owner and Frankensteinbrenner will never agree on the relocation. They will never allow to lose a part of their fan share.

I am affraid that this is the reality. :dismay:

Comment

we all are aware of the difficulty and difficulties that stand in the way. man will also never land on the moon, yes even to day some people would argue that never happened. If brooklyn as a city a borough is to have revitalization, urban renewal they might have to reject certain base ball dictates. I don't know if this will ever happen, but we have to stop saying never, we have to stop this "we won't even try, because it's impossible" attitude. Brooklyn dodger fans for the most part are not mets fans. some may watch the mets or go to the games, but they and the giants fans are not mets fans. If the dodgers were in brooklyn, the mets would make more money than ever before, when they played the dodgers. now I don't want to upset the mets fans, but brooklyn dodgers fans would trade the mets right now, lock stock and barrell even up for the dodgers, new york loves the yanks, brooklyn loves the brooklyn dodgers. baseball needs to be challanged, after years of slack practices and policies the home run races of recent years are tarnished. maris still holds the home run record for a single season, hank aaron still has the most home runs. there should be no inter-league play. baseball has not done a good job, keeping the integrity of the game intact. baseball needs something like the brooklyn dodgers, if only to revitalize the game and generate interest. let's get the dodgers interested first, the city needs to just talk to the dodgers. then when those two factions agree, then take the case to the league and fight it out with the mets. I do agree it won't ever happen as long as we do nothing, except wish.

Comment

how about starting with the LA dodgers returning to brooklyn (keyspan park?) for a few games per season like the old dodgers did in jersey city? they could wear the "B" on their caps for these games. i wouldn't even mind the braves returning to boston for a few "home" games and all the other teams too (A's to philly, twins to DC, etc.). instead of just wearing throwback uniforms once a season, actually RETURN to the old city and play as the "old" team! it would certainly divert the steroid discussions. baseball should investigate this plan. pete
                    you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS
                    http://brooklyndodgermemories.freeforums.org/

Comment

penncentral pete, ABSOLUTELY! RIGHT ON! invite them to play in keyspan park, wear the brooklyn hat. lets build that bridge and relationship with the team. the dodgers would be in brooklyn, wouldn't they, at least for exhibition. who wouldn't want that kind of fan base. LOVE YOUR IDEA, JUST LOVE IT! what a great start. what great interest it would generate, in our beloved brooklyn dodgers.

Comment

p.s to my last post how do we draw this up and get city officials on board. then how do we get those same city officials to contact "our out of town brooklyn dodgers" let's get it rolling. battlin bake, the dodger dynamo

Comment

almost forgot the dodgers have to play the mets in new york any way, why not a couple of games in brooklyn? with brooklyn dodger hats. while their here refer to them as brooklyn dodgers, hey , I'm not a fan of interleague play, but the dodgers could also wear brooklyn uniforms and play the yanks while their here, again refering to them as brooklyn dodgers. do the mets and yanks and even the dodgers want to turn down great gate recipts. thanks again, penncentral pete!. battlin bake the dodger dynamo, it's at least a start.

Comment

NY Giants, too.

I like this idea. Include Texas back to Washington, and the O's to St. Louis.
                            Giants Dodgers at Shea, while Mets are out of town [in Houston?].
                            ---
                            Pushing on the doors of life marked "pull."
                            Visit my blogsigpic

Comment

The Mets should play a few games a year in Brooklyn. They own the farm team there. Wilpon was a Brooklyn fan it is only natural. What happened in Brooklyn has stayed in Brooklyn. The history and memories never went to LA. A new Brooklyn team would be a new team, they would just inherit the memories.
                              Lets get Eddie Basinski elected to the Polish Sports Hall of Fame.
                              www.brooklyndodgermemories.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X