Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O'Malley HOF Vet Committee Finalist

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Has anyone thought of organizing some sort of concerted protest or letter-writing campaign about this abomination?

This is the veteran committee that *didn't* elect Buck O'Neil. With that in mind, O'Malley's election wouldn't surprise me. It would sicken me, though.
    ---
    Pushing on the doors of life marked "pull."
    Visit my blogsigpic

Comment

A huge key in keeping Walter O' Malley out of the HOF each year is for as many quality candidates to be on the finalist ballot. If the other choices are mediocre, O' Malley's chances of being elected are significantly greater.

One thing for sure, the other candidates are going to need to be promoted, in a positive sense, as much as possible.

Comment

If the election is being held in HELL, he's a shoo in.

Comment

Let me bang the Whitey Herzog drum:
          The "White Rat" was as much responsible for the '69 Mets rise to assent as anyone... He won, as a manager, in both leagues... He did a great job with the Angels.
          ---
          Visit my blogsigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Zig Tyko View Post
            This is the veteran committee that *didn't* elect Buck O'Neil. With that in mind, O'Malley's election wouldn't surprise me. It would sicken me, though.
            No, that was a special Negro Leagues committee that botched the O'Neil election. Hopefully the VC will continue to consign O'Malley to oblivion.
            Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

While the election of O'Neil would have been a feel-good story, I don't think he should have been elected. As for O'Malley, on what grounds would anyone support his election?

I don't think owners should be elected, but how does anyone think O'Malley did anything better than other owners? The thing that sets him apart is that he yanked his team across country. I know the Braves moved first, but unless people support him as a pioneer for spreading baseball to the west coast (which I think would be a stupid reason) just what makes him a HOFer to those who support himi?

Comment

Here's the thing we must be aware of....we know what a sub human piece of garbage he was....we know the truth that he made unlawful demands on the city of New York and then there was no protection to the fans of Brooklyn offered by those in a position to do so....namely the President of the National League a moron named Warren Giles and an even bigger moron, the so called Commissioner of Baseball Ford C. Frick who should have stuck to writing and broadcasting (did you know that his spot on WOR 710 for many years was filled by Stan Lomax whose 1845 show on WOR I used to listen to)...

We know all that but the imposter organizatin on the left coast, led by such as Vin Scully, are making a big deal of the 50th anniversary of the beginning of the Los Angeles National League baseball team on the left coast and they got HBO to play ball with them with their one sided half truthful "documentary" trying to place the blame on Robert Moses and unfortunately as those of us who know and try to tell the world the truth start to pass from the scene, one would have to think that it is inevitable that he will get in...if that has to happen, I would only hope it would happen at a time when we can go up there as a group, and drown out whoever is trying to present the plaque to Peter O'Malley (I have nothing really against him, he is not responsible for his father's sins) which I would hope would tarnish the honor and make our position clear.

Of course the sub human slime ball doesn't belong in a Hall of Fame, he belongs in a Hall of Shame where I am sure he resides.

Continue to rot in hell you sub human slime ball.
                Last edited by MATHA531; 11-08-2007, 07:15 PM.

Comment

more than likely they'll wait until 2058. then they can slide him In, ooze slides. or they'll wait until brooklyn has another team. I don't know if all this hurts peter. he shouldn't have sued the brooklyn bar owner. I do know he gave the borough back the original world series championship banner, wonder what that was about?. I think baseball would be smart not to put the big o on the ballot. the back lash and what it would drege up would be unbelievable. just the celebration next year alone, will cause a lot of pain and turmoil. battlin bake, the dodger dynamo.

Comment

I disagree, wholeheartedly about Buck O'Neil, Macker. Here's a link to two Blogs I posted on my site about the man.
                    http://pushpull.wordpress.com/?s=buck+O%27Neil

As for O'Malley, we should root for him to be elected and then gather in mass at Cooperstown and boo his heirs off the stage. That would make a *statement*.
                    Last edited by Ralph Zig Tyko; 11-08-2007, 10:37 PM.
                    ---
                    Visit my blogsigpic

Comment

Matha alludes to this, but I would think you would love an opportunity to have the theft of the franchise brought back into the limelight. A throaty outpouring of Brooklyn supporters wrath would show how, 50 years later!!!, people have not forgotten. Silence about the move is what they love the most.
                      sigpic

Comment

If, by some quirk, this happened, they will not believe what will be waiting for them up there in Cooperstown. THIS is one thing BROOKLYN DODGER FANS will protest enmasse.....with all the wrath that is uniquely BROOKLYN, even 50 years after the dastardly deed.

Shotgun, both you and MATHA are right, the one thing they do not want to do to, once again, is to give life to a dog they thought was dead. THAT would be a HUGE MISTAKE on their part, and one that will embarrass them and MLB. WE will see to it!! WE will do what WE do best, DEFEND OUR DODGERS and OUR HISTORY!

I also can assure you that Peter (O'Malley) is well aware of this!

c.

Comment

Originally posted by dodger dynamo View Post
                          more than likely they'll wait until 2058. then they can slide him In, ooze slides. or they'll wait until brooklyn has another team. I don't know if all this hurts peter. he shouldn't have sued the brooklyn bar owner. I do know he gave the borough back the original world series championship banner, wonder what that was about?. I think baseball would be smart not to put the big o on the ballot. the back lash and what it would drege up would be unbelievable. just the celebration next year alone, will cause a lot of pain and turmoil. battlin bake, the dodger dynamo.
                          I don't think getting a new team will help his case. Cleveland got a football team back and got to keep the Browns name, colors, history, etc. and it is playing in the exact same spot as the old team. Even still Art Modell isn't in the Hall of Fame. As a Browns fan that thrills me. I can see the subtle attempt to get him in, take a look at the walteromalley.com which was put up by his kids total image rehab

Comment

it would bring the franchise's shifty relocation back to the fore, but if they do it though, my guess would be, it will be in the middle of the night with no fanfare. nobody will find out about it until after the fact. there will be a private induction with a few family members and even fewer friends, they won't give the public a chance to speak out. so we need some sort of pre-emptive vocal out pouring, a documentary with the "real" facts that way no body can accuse us of slanting It. battlin bake, the dodger dynamo

Comment

If the unthinkable does happen, which I hope it doesn't, count me in on going to Cooperstown to yell "Rot in Hell, O'Malley."

I don't remember if the Yankees or Mets had a moment of silence for that slimeball after he died, but I wish I would have been there to yell out "Rot In Hell" in the middle of the silence.

I rarely ever write to politicians or newspapers, but I emailed a letter to Marty Markowitz asking him to make a statement about O'Malley's nomination.

Here are email and snail mail addresses if anyone else is so inclined:

[email protected]

Brooklyn Borough President Marty Markowitz
                              209 Joralemon Street Brooklyn, NY 11201
                              718-802-3700

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X