O'Malley HOF Vet Committee Finalist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ralph Zig Tyko View Post
    This is appalling... a great example of "back room politics," indicative of how things are done in Amerika.
    Mr. Petrosky is disgraceful.
    Lets see what Mr. Petrosky has to say. I have long believed that the O'M will get into the HOF, and Gil will not, whether either one deserves it has been debated here and other places many times. I think the O'M will get in because he has a strong lobby, backing him.

Comment

What I meant to say is that Mr. Markowitz is disgraceful. [Yes, let's hear from Mr. Petrosky.]
      Last edited by Ralph Zig Tyko; 11-17-2007, 04:38 PM.
      ---
      Pushing on the doors of life marked "pull."
      Visit my blogsigpic

Comment

Wouldn't O'Malley and Hodges be considered in separate votes by separate voting groups? Since when does Petrosky make deals to put people in the hall?

Comment

two different groups, two different votes hodges, the great player and saint, yes. o'malley, well you all know what he is, my vote for him is NO! of course my vote doesn't count. battlin bake, the dodger dynamo

Comment

A few things:

Does the president of the hall of fame actually have a vote? Aren't players voted on by a different group than others?

Personally I think Hodges does belong, especially when you consider that he may have been over 400 HRs if he didn't have to serve in WWII.

Comment

Originally posted by aqib View Post
              A few things:

Does the president of the hall of fame actually have a vote? Aren't players voted on by a different group than others?

Personally I think Hodges does belong, especially when you consider that he may have been over 400 HRs if he didn't have to serve in WWII.
              I believe that each group of players, executives, et al, have a different group that actually do the voting for them. Petrosky, I am sure, does not have a vote.

What would be a good idea is to inundate Mr. Petrosky with letters from BROOKLYN DODGER fans, about what WE want, and what WE expect...and why! Encourage everyone you know to write a letter. All should make reference to Marty's letter. Will it do any good? I'm not sure, but WE'VE tried everything else, so it really can't hurt. Always remember that WE BROOKLYN DODGER FANS never give up....never!

Just a suggestion!

Comment

Originally posted by DODGER DEB View Post
                I believe that each group of players, executives, et al, have a different group that actually do the voting for them. Petrosky, I am sure, does not have a vote.

What would be a good idea is to inundate Mr. Petrosky with letters from BROOKLYN DODGER fans, about what WE want, and what WE expect...and why! Encourage everyone you know to write a letter. All should make reference to Marty's letter. Will it do any good? I'm not sure, but WE'VE tried everything else, so it really can't hurt. Always remember that WE BROOKLYN DODGER FANS never give up....never!

Just a suggestion!
                My letter is in the mail, about shlevine42, I haven't visited the forum in a long time, and always enjoyed his posts, has something happened to him?

Comment

I know Marty is being Marty, but Gil can't be considered again until the next Veterans committee voting on players in two years, unless the rules are changed again. It will come down to an East vs. West vote. The eligible voters in the west consider him the man responsible for bringing baseball to the west coast, that is so far from the truth. He wasn't an innovator, he was a manipulator. The voters on the east coast for the most part know O'Malley for what he was. I see even Marty considers Moses the main culprit in the losing of the Dodgers. As Matha531 has explained many times, Moses did what was required of him by law. Had he done what O'Malley wanted, he would have been breaking the law. What they did in LA to get the team was illegal.
                  Lets get Eddie Basinski elected to the Polish Sports Hall of Fame.
                  www.brooklyndodgermemories.com

Comment

Originally posted by LeoD View Post
                    My letter is in the mail, about shlevine42, I haven't visited the forum in a long time, and always enjoyed his posts, has something happened to him?
                    Thanks for your usual quick response, LeoD!

c.

Comment

• Originally posted by DODGER DEB View Post
                      Thanks for your usual quick response, LeoD!

c.
                      Your welcome

Comment

• if you read the history of chavez ravine, they were crooked through and through. so a bevy of shifty guys met met with the master manipulator and I'm sure there are people on both coasts that want to string certain people up. they have been able to silence people out there while on the east coast is a completely different story. a housing project was supposed to go up there, but one went up where ebbets field stood instead. wow! it's crazy. battlin bake, the dodger dynamo. p.s oh, it's nothing personal it's just business. if you hurt people it becomes personal real quick and we take it personnaly that their gonna try and get him in the the hall of fame. I wish autry was here to atest to what the big o did to the angels.

Comment

• Originally posted by dodger dynamo View Post
                          if you read the history of chavez ravine, they were crooked through and through. so a bevy of shifty guys met met with the master manipulator and I'm sure there are people on both coasts that want to string certain people up. they have been able to silence people out there while on the east coast is a completely different story. a housing project was supposed to go up there, but one went up where ebbets field stood instead. wow! it's crazy. battlin bake, the dodger dynamo. p.s oh, it's nothing personal it's just business. if you hurt people it becomes personal real quick and we take it personnaly that their gonna try and get him in the the hall of fame. I wish autry was here to atest to what the big o did to the angels.
                          As I have already posted on these forms before I will repeat, Walter O,Malley, what ever else you may think of him, did not have anything to do with the condemnation of the properties in Chavez Ravine. I do not understand your ridiculous attempts to continually promote this urban myth when I have already responded with the historical facts that it is untrue. I have read the history of Chavez Ravine even looking at microfilm copies of the original condemnation orders, that were issued years before the Dodgers thought about moving to L.A. Hate Walter O'Malley for any other reason you want but stop trying to reinvent history. Do not paint with a broad brush and smear people who are not responsible for governmental shenanigans.

Comment

• Originally posted by LewisGunner View Post
                            As I have already posted on these forms before I will repeat, Walter O,Malley, what ever else you may think of him, did not have anything to do with the condemnation of the properties in Chavez Ravine. I do not understand your ridiculous attempts to continually promote this urban myth when I have already responded with the historical facts that it is untrue. I have read the history of Chavez Ravine even looking at microfilm copies of the original condemnation orders, that were issued years before the Dodgers thought about moving to L.A. Hate Walter O'Malley for any other reason you want but stop trying to reinvent history. Do not paint with a broad brush and smear people who are not responsible for governmental shenanigans.
                            Lewis...

Let me ask you one simple question...did the City of Los Angeles get from the sub human slimeball market value......yes or no.

Comment

• Originally posted by MATHA531 View Post
                              Lewis...

Let me ask you one simple question...did the City of Los Angeles get from the sub human slimeball market value......yes or no.
                              I don't know what this has to do with the urban myth of Walter O'Malley getting people thrown off their property to build Dodger Stadium but I will answer your question as best as I know it. When the Dodgers were offered the property in 1957 it had sat vacant for 3 years. There had been several attempts to sell the property for development even to a public University. All deals had fallen through because of the difficult nature, at the time, of construction in Chavez Ravine. Now that there is a little back round I will answer your question. At the time yes; vacant land, deals fallen through, land value was down. Now, absolutely not. I know that I tread lightly in those areas that you, and all like you, feel most strongly about. It really does not bother me if you hate Walter O'Malley, heck if I had known him maybe I too would dislike him, and I try not to "tell" you how to think and feel but please keep your reasons for hating him at least in the realm of historical reality.

Comment

• To Lewisgunner, let me ask a question, had O'Malley not selected that particular property, which he did over others he was shown, what would have happened. I don't think anyone is suggesting that O'Malley was personally evicting people, although he had experience in doing so. O'Malley was at his best getting others to do his dirty work and taking the heat, without getting his own hands dirty.
                                Lets get Eddie Basinski elected to the Polish Sports Hall of Fame.
                                www.brooklyndodgermemories.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X