O'Malley HOF Vet Committee Finalist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tonypug

A smart man, Billy Loes. Those 1962 Mets were not a pretty picture.
    Here's a link to a post I wrote on my blog, a while back:
    http://pushpull.wordpress.com/2007/0...-way-reposted/
    ---
    Pushing on the doors of life marked "pull."
    Visit my blogsigpic

Comment

• how did the salary deal work with the mets draftees?. same as players traded or on an individual basis, like usual. or was there a rule as to a standard salarly for expansion teams?. what happens if you refuse to go?, the season starts and then you've got another team who wants to sign you does the expansion team have a right of first refusal even though their roster is filled? not up on mets or expansion rules especially at the time. maybe billy wanted more money? battlin bake, the dodger dynamo

Comment

• Billy Loes

Originally posted by tonypug View Post
        That is a great picture, I haven't seen one before. The Mets thought that Loes was going to pitch for them in 1962. In fact Loes rode on the Mets float in the 1961 Macys Thansgiving day parade. Then in typical Loes fashion he never showed up for spring training. Billy always marched to a different drummer.
        thank you robert. here's another:
        Attached Files
        you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS
        http://brooklyndodgermemories.freeforums.org/

Comment

• Originally posted by DODGER DEB View Post
          [/B]

Truer words were never spoken, shotten1947. Thank you for stating them, once again, to remind everyone who visits US.

BTW, welcome to OUR forum, a very unique place here on BBF. WE always enjoy adding to OUR numbers.

c.
          Thank you for the welcome, hopefully I can contribute something to the forum. People need to know the truth about O'Malley.

Comment

• Well it happened

I have no idea how, but I guess the HBO Documentary softened the perceptions of him and he is now in the Hall. I hope you guys do go and protest and boo, it would be well deserved.

Comment

• Today's election of O'Malley to the Hall Of Fame must belike swallowing Cyanide to a true Brooklyn fan.
              I feel the revulsion all the way down the NJ Turnpike in Philadelphia. Brooklyn fans, you have my sympathies.

-phillies fiend 55

Comment

• Originally posted by philliesfiend55 View Post
                Today's election of O'Malley to the Hall Of Fame must belike swallowing Cyanide to a true Brooklyn fan.
                I feel the revulsion all the way down the NJ Turnpike in Philadelphia. Brooklyn fans, you have my sympathies.

-phillies fiend 55

Thanks, philliesfiend55. You summed up the situation extremely well.

In 1957, if the Dodgers were owned by then Phillies owner Ruliph Carpenter, the franchise never would have been hijacked out of Brooklyn.

Comment

• Originally posted by aqib View Post
                  I have no idea how, but I guess the HBO Documentary softened the perceptions of him and he is now in the Hall. I hope you guys do go and protest and boo, it would be well deserved.
                  next summer, i will attend the HOF ceremonies. my BIG MOUTH will not stop! what an outrage. if i'm not arrested by the time they announce BOOOOOOOY kuhn, i'll BOO the heck out of that one, too!
                  you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS
                  http://brooklyndodgermemories.freeforums.org/

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X