Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1954

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1954

    Never saw this before.
    Attached Files

  • #2
    1954

    the back of that card (released in 1994)
    Attached Files
    you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS
    http://brooklyndodgermemories.freeforums.org/

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by penncentralpete View Post
      the back of that card (released in 1994)
      Still unreadable.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by LeoD View Post
        Still unreadable.
        I can read it, even with my 1990s 13" monitor.

        Comment


        • #5
          LeoD...

          ... could be a candidate for "Hooked On Phonics" :-)
          ---
          Pushing on the doors of life marked "pull."
          Visit my blogsigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            I have a set of the cards and I wonder why they didn't include 1957? battlin bake, the dodger dynamo

            Comment


            • #7
              old baseball cards

              if you don't collect old cards for the investment, merely for the FUN of them, these re-issues (achive editions) are cheap and great to have. a bunch of fun for a fraction of the price.
              you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS
              http://brooklyndodgermemories.freeforums.org/

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ipitch View Post
                I can read it, even with my 1990s 13" monitor.
                I'm happy for you:applaud:

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by LeoD View Post
                  I'm happy for you:applaud:
                  yet still ANOTHER rude, personal, snotty sarcasm from this poster. will it never cease?
                  you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS
                  http://brooklyndodgermemories.freeforums.org/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by penncentralpete View Post
                    yet still ANOTHER rude, personal, snotty sarcasm from this poster. will it never cease?
                    No, check post # 5

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by LeoD View Post
                      No, check post # 5
                      jackie42/leod: that's what PM's are for. don't keep up your personal feuds out here on the open forum.
                      Last edited by penncentralpete; 11-25-2007, 05:37 PM.
                      you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS
                      http://brooklyndodgermemories.freeforums.org/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by penncentralpete View Post
                        jackie42/leod: that's what PM's are for. don't keep up your personal fueds out here on the open forum.
                        So this applies to Ralph Zig Tyko also.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I wish I had saved all my old cards, but if your in it for the enjoyment, repro cards are ok by me. I bought several of these books with perforated cards called dover reprints. baseball stars of the 50's, national league stars. and one had stickers of the old players with info. many dodgers were featured. the cards were pretty close to the original. when I saw them I was 12 all over again. they were 4 or 5 bucks per book. if you wanted to take them out you could. it was all about the fun and it took me back a lot of years. it wasn't about monetary value, which seems to many all important these days. I had fun and learned some cool stuff from them and that was important. battlin bake, the dodger dynamo

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by dodger dynamo View Post
                            I wish I had saved all my old cards, but if your in it for the enjoyment, repro cards are ok by me. I bought several of these books with perforated cards called dover reprints. baseball stars of the 50's, national league stars. and one had stickers of the old players with info. many dodgers were featured. the cards were pretty close to the original. when I saw them I was 12 all over again. they were 4 or 5 bucks per book. if you wanted to take them out you could. it was all about the fun and it took me back a lot of years. it wasn't about monetary value, which seems to many all important these days. I had fun and learned some cool stuff from them and that was important. battlin bake, the dodger dynamo
                            yes dynamo, the DOVER reprints are well worth it. nice memories for a small cost. i collect most of the "archive" card sets. personal enjoyment, not investment.
                            you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS
                            http://brooklyndodgermemories.freeforums.org/

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by dodger dynamo View Post
                              I wish I had saved all my old cards, but if your in it for the enjoyment, repro cards are ok by me. I bought several of these books with perforated cards called dover reprints. baseball stars of the 50's, national league stars. and one had stickers of the old players with info. many dodgers were featured. the cards were pretty close to the original. when I saw them I was 12 all over again. they were 4 or 5 bucks per book. if you wanted to take them out you could. it was all about the fun and it took me back a lot of years. it wasn't about monetary value, which seems to many all important these days. I had fun and learned some cool stuff from them and that was important. battlin bake, the dodger dynamo
                              Dover reprints:
                              Attached Files
                              you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS
                              http://brooklyndodgermemories.freeforums.org/

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X