Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This THREAD needs the input of BROOKLYN DODGER FANS!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • This THREAD needs the input of BROOKLYN DODGER FANS!

    There is a thread, just started, in the History Forum that definitely needs the input of loyal and true BROOKLYN DODGER FANS..

    http://www.baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=70783

    c.

  • #2
    There is another thread in the HOF Forum, "Induction Ceremony" that needs input from real BROOKLYN DODGER FANS.

    It seems that one of the west coast group's admirers, ELVIS, thinks that WE shouldn't cause a scene and disrupt the HOF Ceremony next July, because it's not nice!

    See, ELVIS has never understood that what was done to US, and the manner in which it was done, was also far from nice, or took OUR feelings into consideration.

    Some of his responders also think that WE are all too old to cause an interuption in the Ceremony. They have obviously never seen a BROOKLYN DODGER game, or seen BROOKLYN DODGER fans in action.

    c.

    Comment


    • #3
      That west coast wonder, ELVIS, has now taken to calling US "classless hypocrites" because WE want to protest while the HOF ceremony is in progress, and (he feels) that will upset the O'Malley family on their glorious day.

      As WE used to say in BROOKLYN......sticks and stones will break OUR bones, but NAMES will never hurt US!

      c.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by DODGER DEB View Post
        That west coast wonder, ELVIS, has now taken to calling US "classless hypocrites" because WE want to protest while the HOF ceremony is in progress, and (he feels) that will upset the O'Malley family on their glorious day.

        As WE used to say in BROOKLYN......sticks and stones will break OUR bones, but NAMES will never hurt US!

        c.
        Yet people here continue to use many childish names for O'Malley.

        He does have a point. Hate O'Malley if you will, but should he grandchildren be subjected to hate and namecalling? Whether directed towards them or a deceased relative?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by metfan13 View Post
          Yet people here continue to use many childish names for O'Malley.

          He does have a point. Hate O'Malley if you will, but should he grandchildren be subjected to hate and namecalling? Whether directed towards them or a deceased relative?

          No loyal and true BROOKLYN DODGER FAN is going to direct any vitriol toward any member of that family, other than the one who deserves all of it. Perhaps the Big "O" should have considered how his family would suffer for his "sins", when he did what he did to US. He was campaigning for the HOF for many years before he died, so he had plenty of time to think about it.

          Having said that, considering what he did to US, WE have just as much right to be heard there as they do!

          c.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DODGER DEB View Post
            No loyal and true BROOKLYN DODGER FAN is going to direct any vitriol toward any member of that family, other than the one who deserves all of it. Perhaps the Big "O" should have considered how his family would suffer for his "sins", when he did what he did to US. He was campaigning for the HOF for many years before he died, so he had plenty of time to think about it.

            Having said that, considering what he did to US, WE have just as much right to be heard there as they do!

            c.
            Or a chance to show you're above his style.

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm trying not to get too carried away and getting into arguments everywhere about O'Malley because there isn't enough time in the day and it's not healthy.

              Having said that, there is a poll in Current Events that asks you to vote for one of the 3 Most Disgraceful Moments in baseball and they don't even mention O'Malley or room to put Other, such as not allowing black players before 1947. I put O'Malley moving the Dodgers as #1 and O'Malley being Elected to the HOF as #2.
              http://www.baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=71072

              Veterans Committee Results is another topic where people extol O'Malley's "Virtues"
              http://www.baseball-fever.com/showth...t=70879&page=2

              Also, there is a board I go to called (link removed because moderadtor said to) that has a bunch of nasty comments from people who love O'Malley if anyone wants to contribute on the Message Board there.
              (link removed because moderadtor said to)
              Check out the topic there called "Baseball Hall of Fame Spits in Our Face." Note: You can't post links there.

              It's not easy to just ignore some of the crap I'm seeing about O'Malley lovers.

              The Hall of Fame will never mean the same thing to me ever again. It's now just a meaningless garbage place run by cronies who elect their friends.

              Elect Barry Bonds, the entire 1919 White Sox team, Ed Kranepool, Jesse Gonder, Spider Jorgenson. I don't care. It don't mean anything.
              Last edited by Matty; 12-06-2007, 10:19 AM. Reason: Moderator said to

              Comment


              • #8
                Well stated, Deb.
                From where I sit....I'm astounded over these folk that pen caustic e-mails, telling Dodger fans to "get over" the loss of the team or O'Malley getting inducted in the HOF, don't consider others. Example: THEY aren't affected when they read obituaries...of folks they DON'T KNOW! However, let the obit section contain someone they truly CARED about, those same critics who tell others to "get over their loss"....would WAIL and wonder why the entire country can't feel their pain, or why the flags aren't lowered to half-staff! To me, if you're a true baseball fan—I mean a die-hard—you can understand the emotional equity that fans of all kinds invest in their beloved teams, be it the Dodgers or whoever. When a baseball fan suffers, real fans should support and provide empathy. Especially when the loss involved greed and deception. If we corporately lower the bar and resign ourselves to accepting such dastardly behavior from whoever—baseball owners, congressmen, presidents—what's that tell our kids? I know my soapbox won't prevent these fruitcakes from spewing their (ahem) sage wisdom, but we sure gotta consider the source and not let 'em plant false guilt over how we feel. Enough preaching...
                Todd

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Matty View Post
                  I'm trying not to get too carried away and getting into arguments everywhere about O'Malley because there isn't enough time in the day and it's not healthy.

                  Having said that, there is a poll in Current Events that asks you to vote for one of the 3 Most Disgraceful Moments in baseball and they don't even mention O'Malley or room to put Other, such as not allowing black players before 1947. I put O'Malley moving the Dodgers as #1 and O'Malley being Elected to the HOF as #2.
                  http://www.baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=71072

                  Veterans Committee Results is another topic where people extol O'Malley's "Virtues"
                  http://www.baseball-fever.com/showth...t=70879&page=2

                  Also, there is a board I go to called www.brooklynboard.com that has a bunch of nasty comments from people who love O'Malley if anyone wants to contribute on the Message Board there.
                  http://brooklynboard.com/msghome.html
                  Check out the topic there called "Baseball Hall of Fame Spits in Our Face." Note: You can't post links there.

                  It's not easy to just ignore some of the crap I'm seeing about O'Malley lovers.

                  The Hall of Fame will never mean the same thing to me ever again. It's now just a meaningless garbage place run by cronies who elect their friends.

                  Elect Barry Bonds, the entire 1919 White Sox team, Ed Kranepool, Jesse Gonder, Spider Jorgenson. I don't care. It don't mean anything.
                  BTW I was the one who started that thread on the Brooklyn Board and boy did I take a verbal beating. Of course one has to understand that many on that board hate the Brooklyn of today and have that superiority that they were smart enough to get out and that the Brooklyn of today is a sewer or worse.

                  Most of them are really not old enough to remember another Brooklyn and the meaning of Brooklyn Dodger baseball to those of us who lived it and are trying to get a younger generation to understand just what it meant to be a Brooklyn Dodger fan especially to our beloved home town.

                  They also have bought into the Robert Moses garbage and just cannot comprehend that his hands were tied by the law and that handing over prime land like that which the City did not even own was morally wrong. What was keeping O'Malley, if he so wanted his ballpark to be there, from buying the land himself?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by MATHA531 View Post
                    BTW I was the one who started that thread on the Brooklyn Board and boy did I take a verbal beating. Of course one has to understand that many on that board hate the Brooklyn of today and have that superiority that they were smart enough to get out and that the Brooklyn of today is a sewer or worse.

                    Most of them are really not old enough to remember another Brooklyn and the meaning of Brooklyn Dodger baseball to those of us who lived it and are trying to get a younger generation to understand just what it meant to be a Brooklyn Dodger fan especially to our beloved home town.

                    They also have bought into the Robert Moses garbage and just cannot comprehend that his hands were tied by the law and that handing over prime land like that which the City did not even own was morally wrong. What was keeping O'Malley, if he so wanted his ballpark to be there, from buying the land himself?

                    Regarding that thread on the Brooklyn Board, if there was a weekly award for clueless posters, Katrina would win in a landslide. Though John would get the silver medal in this dubious category.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Matty, MATHA531 and D6+ I know you have honorable intentions sharing what that other board has to say about the event of this week, but, can I ask that you please keep the comments on BBF to what is happening, or not, here on BBF.

                      Also, the links should not be posted here, as they are a competitor, and our webmaster is not looking to give out free advertising. They should be removed. Since it is Matty's post, I have asked him in a PM to remove the link and replace it with some reference to what is being said. I will then adjust the quote that MATHA used.

                      Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.

                      c.
                      Last edited by DODGER DEB; 12-06-2007, 06:45 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Classic
                        The solution is simple. Dogs, tear gas and billy clubs aren't needed. ...how old are these protesters anyhow? Just make sure the local restaurants have a half-price seniors buffet going on during the election ceremony. They'll flock to that like a cop to a Krispy Kreme.

                        It's either that or Cooperstown shuts down the tour bus route that weekend. The old fogies will arrive a week after the festivities are over if they have to drive themselves.

                        http://www.baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=71034
                        Last edited by LeoD; 12-06-2007, 08:43 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by LeoD View Post
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Classic
                          The solution is simple. Dogs, tear gas and billy clubs aren't needed. ...how old are these protesters anyhow? Just make sure the local restaurants have a half-price seniors buffet going on during the election ceremony. They'll flock to that like a cop to a Krispy Kreme.

                          It's either that or Cooperstown shuts down the tour bus route that weekend. The old fogies will arrive a week after the festivities are over if they have to drive themselves.

                          http://www.baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=71034
                          Clueless ignorant people like this one, LeoD, should just be ignored.

                          Obviously Classic has never seen BROOKLYN DODGER FANS in action (probably too young). He has no idea what he missed! WE have always had to fight for OUR Team and everything connected with them. Unless they have sat among US, they have no idea how vocal and intense WE can get. AGE, or whatever the young one calls it, does not diminish any of this...and it never will!

                          Maybe WE should sell tickets for OUR event! They will not believe their eyes with the attention grabbing "show" WE will display.

                          c.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by DODGER DEB View Post
                            Clueless ignorant people like this one, LeoD, should just be ignored.

                            Obviously Classic has never seen BROOKLYN DODGER FANS in action (probably too young). He has no idea what he missed! WE have always had to fight for OUR Team and everything connected with them. Unless they have sat among US, they have no idea how vocal and intense WE can get. AGE, or whatever the young one calls it, does not diminish any of this...and it never will!

                            Maybe WE should sell tickets for OUR event! They will not believe their eyes with the attention grabbing "show" WE will display.

                            c.
                            I'll try, but it won't be easy.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by DODGER DEB View Post
                              Matty, MATHA531 and D6+ I know you have honorable intentions sharing what that other board has to say about the event of this week, but, can I ask that you please keep the comments on BBF to what is happening, or not, here on BBF.

                              Also, the links should not be posted here, as they are a competitor, and our webmaster is not looking to give out free advertising. They should be removed. Since it is Matty's post, I have asked him in a PM to remove the link and replace it with some reference to what is being said. I will then adjust the quote that MATHA used.

                              Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.

                              c.
                              I did as you asked and removed the link. I don't see them as a competitor, though, because the main reason for going there is to talk about anything, not just baseball, about Brooklyn in the "old days." Also, I don't think that's the kind of advertising they want. By your definition of competitor, people should also not post links to the NY Daily News.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X