Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This THREAD needs the input of BROOKLYN DODGER FANS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matty View Post
    I did as you asked and removed the link. I don't see them as a competitor, though, because the main reason for going there is to talk about anything, not just baseball, about Brooklyn in the "old days." Also, I don't think that's the kind of advertising they want. By your definition of competitor, people should also not post links to the NY Daily News.
    As I stated in my PM to you, MATHA531 advised me that this site is not a competitor, but I didn't have time to get back to the board. Sorry about that!

As for the NY Daily News articles/stories, those links are posted on BBF only when there are stories of interest to a particular team/player that members would find interesting to read.

I do, however, appreciate your cooperation.

c.

Comment

I advise you guys to keep the discussion about the plans on PM. Otherwise others may find out.

Good luck guys!! Hope you'll appreciate my mental support.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
        I advise you guys to keep the discussion about the plans on PM. Otherwise others may find out.

Good luck guys!! Hope you'll appreciate my mental support.
        You must be reading my mind, my friend! It is exactly what I intend to do, and will advise all BROOKLYN DODGER FANS about it shortly! After all, WE are well aware there are "lurkers" out there.

Many thanks for your support and good wishes. They are most definitely appreciated.

c.

Comment

Hey, gang,

I came across a great quote that made me immediately think of the mean-spirited, insensitive verbal jabs that have been leveled against many of you nice folks in recent days. The next time one of those "O'Malley is great/get over the loss of your team" type-of-notes starts to get your blood pressure up, remember this line:

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Wish I knew who penned that wisdom. Bottom line: You can't change their position, anymore than they can change us. Avoid skirmishes with those who claim to have a superior understanding off what Brooklyn went through after the '57 season. These same characters most likely also think cheerios are doughnut seeds.

With encouragement,
          Bro. Todd

Comment

my children have come to be brooklyn dodger fans and not immediately through me, it may be something genetic. it's not a history lesson for these young people. they have expressed the desire to see brooklyn dodger baseball their whole lives after watching a documentary a long time ago. It was by their own choice they came to the dodgers. my daughter then 12, said hey pop, didn't you used to live in brooklyn and didn't you like the dodgers? only then did my passing remarks become a more formal education on our beloved bums. then my grand children starting asking me questions, again I told them all I knew and experienced. I had to take my grand son to a show a few years ago at the meadow lands for dodger autographs. spider jorgensen, oisk and pee wee reese before he died. I heard some one in the crowd say about my grand son, who was wearing a satin blue brooklyn jacket, he's even turned the kid into a brooklyn dodger fan. actually the kid turned the old guy back into a baseball fan. now that kid's in his twenties. these brooklyn dodger ties go deep, very deep and it spreads out across the country and through the years. so there are many, many fans of the brooklyn dodgers who are pretty ticked off that they've never seen live brooklyn dodger baseball. they like us blame moses, the la officials and a one walter o'malley for pulling the trigger on the deal. I'm sure enough of them will make there voices heard in the coming months to. batlin bake, the dodger dynamo
            Last edited by dodger dynamo; 12-06-2007, 08:33 PM.

Comment

TAKE NOTE: ALL LOYAL BROOKLYN DODGER FANS

I just noticed this post on the HOF forum, posted by a poor misguided west coast group fan.

He has done many things like this in the past, and really has a real problem handling the fact that OUR DODGERS are not his Dodgers. He has had a love affair with the "Big "O" and his organization, and will do anything to strike back at US. Evidence this...

http://www.baseball-fever.com/showpo...0&postcount=65

Heretofor....any and all plans and ideas WE make for next year should be done through PM'S. Do not post anything regarding OUR Plans in the public forum, at least for now.

c.

Comment

I think the word's out.

Comment

Originally posted by metfan13 View Post
                  I think the word's out.
                  The "word" as you say, may be out.....but OUR PLANS, whatever they turn out to be, will be kept to ourselves.

WE'VE earned that right!

c.

Comment

Originally posted by DODGER DEB View Post

I just noticed this post on the HOF forum, posted by a poor misguided west coast group fan.

He has done many things like this in the past, and really has a real problem handling the fact that OUR DODGERS are not his Dodgers. He has had a love affair with the "Big "O" and his organization, and will do anything to strike back at US. Evidence this...

Heretofor....any and all plans and ideas WE make for next year should be done through PM'S. Do not post anything regarding OUR Plans in the public forum, at least for now.

c.
                    That's exatly the one I meant with others...

Comment

That's exatly the one I meant with others...
                      I know, my friend.....and I appreciated it.

I just didn't think I would have to take such drastic measures so soon.

c.

Comment

I know, my friend.....and I appreciated it.

I just didn't think I would have to take such drastic measures so soon.

c.
                        Somehow I had a hunch.

Comment

c.
                          Isn't demonstrating a right? So what are these guys talking about?

Comment

Isn't demonstrating a right? So what are these guys talking about?
                            For someone from a foreign country, my friend, you know OUR Constitution (freedom to assemble) better than that west coast fan. The smog out in lala land really does terrible things to people.

c.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X