• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish I had been there.

http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=46808

leo d, I wish I had been there to. battlin bake, the dodger dynamo

Comment

At least three voters had some common sense and decency.

Comment

Originally posted by shotten1947 View Post
        At least three voters had some common sense and decency.
        .....and it's important WE find out who they are!

c.

Comment

Originally posted by DODGER DEB View Post
          .....and it's important WE find out who they are!

c.
          Here are the 12 members, I'd be interested in who our members think the three who voted correctly were.

The 12-member electorate that reviewed the Executives/Pioneers ballot featured Hall of Famers Monte Irvin and Harmon Killebrew; former executives Bobby Brown (American League) and John Harrington (Red Sox); current executives Jerry Bell (Twins), Bill DeWitt (Cardinals), Bill Giles (Phillies), David Glass (Royals) and Andy MacPhail (Orioles); and veteran media members Paul Hagen (Philadelphia Daily News), Rick Hummel (St. Louis Post-Dispatch) and Hal McCoy (Dayton Daily News).
          Last edited by LeoD; 12-06-2007, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LeoD View Post
            Here are the 12 members, I'd be interested in who our members think the three who voted correctly were.

The 12-member electorate that reviewed the Executives/Pioneers ballot featured Hall of Famers Monte Irvin and Harmon Killebrew; former executives Bobby Brown (American League) and John Harrington (Red Sox); current executives Jerry Bell (Twins), Bill DeWitt (Cardinals), Bill Giles (Phillies), David Glass (Royals) and Andy MacPhail (Orioles); and veteran media members Paul Hagen (Philadelphia Daily News), Rick Hummel (St. Louis Post-Dispatch) and Hal McCoy (Dayton Daily News).
            Thanks, LeoD.

I just posted the same info in the "Slimeball" thread, but your list has a little more info than mine.

I've removed mine from the other thread. Let's use yours to try and figure this out.

c.
            Last edited by DODGER DEB; 12-06-2007, 06:36 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=LeoD;1064556]Here are the 12 members, I'd be interested in who our members think the three who voted correctly were.

QUOTE]

Monte Irvin
              Bobby Brown
              Andy MaPhail

Comment

Well it certainly wouldn't have been Bill Giles whose dad had the ability to stop this travesty but when questioned about the NL not having a team in NY gave the immortal quote, "Who needs New York?"

A real genius...so I suppose like father like son.

Comment

Bill Giles is the ultimate horse's ass in Philadelphia. Listen to the tape of him extolling the Colorado Rockies and you will think he is an owner of that team. Phillies' fans wish he were. I would have despised Sonny because of daddy's callous remark, but sonny has more than earned his own abuse with his disastrous influence on the Phillies. It is fitting that he is an executive for the worst franchise in the history of professional sports, and now he has earned new infamy in voting in O'Malley. Warren Giles, Bill Giles, Walter O'Malley: how can baseball survive such creeps?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X