Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ebbets Field Scale Model

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ebbets Field Scale Model

    Ebbets Field model:
    Attached Files
    you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS
    http://brooklyndodgermemories.freeforums.org/

  • #2
    It is a nice one, but I don't think the dimensions are right (on scale of course) compared with the real Ebbets Field.

    Am I right here?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
      It is a nice one, but I don't think the dimensions are right (on scale of course) compared with the real Ebbets Field.

      Am I right here?
      You are right,they don't look correct in these photos. I don't know what scale it is. Right field appears too long. Nice model though.
      you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS
      http://brooklyndodgermemories.freeforums.org/

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by penncentralpete View Post
        You are right,they don't look correct in these photos. I don't know what scale it is. Right field appears too long. Nice model though.
        And it looks to me like right center field is too short. I also miss the curious gap that was in right center field.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
          And it looks to me like right center field is too short. I also miss the curious gap that was in right center field.
          It ain't poifect, but I still love it!!!
          you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS
          http://brooklyndodgermemories.freeforums.org/

          Comment


          • #6
            A lot of the Ebbets Field replicas I've seen - and that includes this one, the Danbury Mint one, and even the one the Brooklyn Cyclones gave away last August - look too "squished," which to me means the stands are too high in relation to the field, and the fence on the Bedford Avenue side is too short.
            X
            What's THAT guy doing?
            - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

            Comment


            • #7

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by LeoD View Post
                This diagram shows exact the opposite field dimensions compared to the scale model.

                Comment


                • #9
                  General view of the diamond and Ebbets Field, scene of the 1956 World Series opener, there nothing like the real thing.
                  Attached Files

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Ebbets Model

                    Danbury Model:
                    Attached Files
                    you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS
                    http://brooklyndodgermemories.freeforums.org/

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by penncentralpete View Post
                      It ain't poifect, but I still love it!!!
                      Where'd you see that model at, Pete? Who built it? I'm like you, it doesn't look exact, but someone spent some time to put it together. Too bad they don't have "Model Stadiums," like model cars, that you could put together yourself. That'd be a niche business someone could start and probably do purty well!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Todd Anderson View Post
                        Where'd you see that model at, Pete? Who built it? I'm like you, it doesn't look exact, but someone spent some time to put it together. Too bad they don't have "Model Stadiums," like model cars, that you could put together yourself. That'd be a niche business someone could start and probably do purty well!
                        Todd: I'll explain and answer you back at "brooklyndodgermemories". I don't think this Ebbets model went over too well here. You're right though. As a model railroader, I would love to see these old parks sold as kits for the modeler to build up. The dies would cost a fortune however, and you'd have to sell hundreds before you realized a profit.
                        you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS
                        http://brooklyndodgermemories.freeforums.org/

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I believe it was the Danbury Mint that put out a superb replica of Ebbets Field, complete with removable front entrance making the Rotunda visible.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            of course the model wasn't perfect, just like if they rebuilt a large scale replica of the real thing it wouldn't be perfect. however, pcp, I thought It was pretty cool. battlin bake, the dodger dynamo

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Nice model

                              The labor of love. Whoever worked on this did a really nice job, it looks great. It's a shame that they didn't spell Ebbets correctly.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X