Ebbets Field Scale Model

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingv View Post
    The labor of love. Whoever worked on this did a really nice job, it looks great. It's a shame that they didn't spell Ebbets correctly.
    I didn't notice. But you are right.

Comment

Originally posted by kingv View Post
      The labor of love. Whoever worked on this did a really nice job, it looks great. It's a shame that they didn't spell Ebbets correctly.
      I found this model of Ebbets Field merely surfing the web. I usually "search" for anything Brooklyn or Brooklyn Dodgers. This showed up and I thought folks here would enjoy seeing it. The fella who built it is quite old (not young guys like us!), and I don't believe he was (is) a baseball fan either. He is a model builder. The one of Yankee Stadium is rather gorgeous. I remember posting those pix in the ballparks thread some months back. I have no real idea of the scale, but will tell you these are waaaay bigger that the Danbury ones. Misspelling Ebbets was a real no-no. I think it looks good, and would love to own it myself. Being in the model railroad hobby, I know of talented guys who build things like this from scratch. Amazing to me.
      you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS
      http://brooklyndodgermemories.freeforums.org/

Comment

Originally posted by dodger dynamo View Post
        of course the model wasn't perfect, just like if they rebuilt a large scale replica of the real thing it wouldn't be perfect. however, pcp, I thought It was pretty cool. battlin bake, the dodger dynamo
        My feelings exacly Dodger Dynamo.
        you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS
        http://brooklyndodgermemories.freeforums.org/

Comment

Originally posted by penncentralpete View Post
          Todd: I'll explain and answer you back at "brooklyndodgermemories". I don't think this Ebbets model went over too well here. You're right though. As a model railroader, I would love to see these old parks sold as kits for the modeler to build up. The dies would cost a fortune however, and you'd have to sell hundreds before you realized a profit.
          Never thought of that. Still, can you imagine if one of today's model manufacturers had EVERY stadium available for model enthusiasts? Jeepers. Hats off to the creator of this model, bad spelling aside. Wonder what it could have looked like with a miniature SRO crowd, and all the key players on the field, etc. Pennants waving, etc. Gets your imagination going, doesn't it?

At least he didn't have a scale version of O'Malley standing out front. Probably knew it would have been way too much extra work. After all, he would have also had to create a scale version of a large lynch mob. (grin)

Comment

a little o'malley out front pushing a wheel barrow full of green backs to the to the bank. furillo choking durocher. oh, well it is neat. it made me wish someone some where would re-build the real thing. where ever it was I'd go see it. battlin bake, the dodger dynamo

Comment

Why wasn't the Cyclone's stadium built more to look like EF? Seems like that would have occurred to folks.
              ---
              Pushing on the doors of life marked "pull."
              Visit my blogsigpic

Comment

Friends:

As to scale models of our venerable home, I picked up a "Gold" edition replica on Ebay for a buck. It's in great shape except for the gold plaque on the base, which is MIA.

I can replicate it here, but am flummoxed. I've looked at numerous photos online but can't decipher what it says. If anybody knows, please pass it on!
                Spirit of '55:cap:

"Let's Bring The Dodgers Home Before The Big Quake, Else The Fault Will Be Ours!"

Comment

I tried till my eyes hurt to make it out but All I know for sure is that the black symbol to the left is the Danbury Mint symbol and the bottom part is the limited edition number. 1320 of 1470 for example.
                  sigpic

Comment

Wasn't the real EF a scale model of a regular sized ballpark?
                    ---
                    Pushing on the doors of life marked "pull."
                    Visit my blogsigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Zig Tyko View Post
                      Wasn't the real EF a scale model of a regular sized ballpark?

Dear Ralph (& Friends):

Nah, you got it backwards. Any regular-sized ballpark was a cheap knock-off of EF. Like that crappy Yankee Stadium---who NEEDS all that room except a ballclub that couldn't keep it tight.
                      Spirit of '55:cap:

"Let's Bring The Dodgers Home Before The Big Quake, Else The Fault Will Be Ours!"

Comment

you know, ebbets got a bat rap around the league for it's size. Yet, we won a lot of games at home. It was the same dimensions for the opposing teams too. So why didn't "they" win everytime they played us in ebbets field?, since they were used to a "bigger park". Also our pitchers had to pitch in the "smaller" park. The dodgers were just good and ebbets field was just a great ball park, period. It should still stand, just like fenway and wrigley. Two other great ball parks. battlin bake, the dodger dynamo

Comment

"scale" model
                          The Ultimate Baseball Look

Modern Synthetic Baseball Fields

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X