Botched Coin Flip in 51'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by musial6 View Post
    Where was that spy the day before when the Giants couldn't score even one run?
    CLEM LABINE pitched an absolutely incredible game on October 2nd, whitewashing those Giants 10-0, that they could have had a whole band of spies with cameras, it would not have changed a thing!

c.

Comment

The MORE REASONABLE explanation is that there WAS no spy.

Comment

Originally posted by MATHA531 View Post
        Uh uh uh...the biggest blow job in major league history is a certain team whose name I will not mention with a 7 game lead with 2 weeks left in the season and didn't even get into a playoff......I wonder just who that team was?
        Sure, sure, and the '64 Phillies, and the '78 Bosox, BUT only the '51 Dodgers ever blew a lead THAT large AND THAT late.

Comment

Originally posted by DODGER DEB View Post
          CLEM LABINE pitched an absolutely incredible game on October 2nd, whitewashing those Giants 10-0, that they could have had a whole band of spies with cameras, it would not have changed a thing!
          Are you aware that, prior to the playoff, the Giants were 17-4 ON THE ROAD beyond August 11?

Comment

Are you aware that, prior to the playoff, the Giants were 17-4 ON THE ROAD beyond August 11?
            Sadly, YES, but, please don't remind me, musial6.

c.

Comment

Sure, sure, and the '64 Phillies, and the '78 Bosox, BUT only the '51 Dodgers ever blew a lead THAT large AND THAT late.
              .....and then the DODGERS came back to WIN 4 NL pennants in the next 5 years! (don't start me stamping my feet and holding my breath).
              you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS
              http://brooklyndodgermemories.freeforums.org/

Comment

musial 6 you're right, I should have checked, see how the mind starts to go. anyway that makes the choice to go all the way to stl. for game one after finishing the season a little questionable. though you get two at home, the first one is crucial in a short series. which makes the 51 choice really strange. I think dressens anger with labine maybe cost them the pennant. battlin bake, the dodger dynamo

Comment

Originally posted by dodger dynamo View Post
                  musial 6 you're right, I should have checked, see how the mind starts to go. anyway that makes the choice to go all the way to stl. for game one after finishing the season a little questionable. though you get two at home, the first one is crucial in a short series. which makes the 51 choice really strange. I think dressens anger with labine maybe cost them the pennant. battlin bake, the dodger dynamo
                  In '46, I think a major consideration was the Dodgers' poor showing in St. Loo that season (3-8), including dropping all four games in a series in July.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X