Brooklyn Dodger Caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by penncentralpete View Post
    DodgerDynamo: John....did you say Dressen's head comes to a sharp point? lol
    from what I recall there was a joke that went something like this,
    A little homemade book was put together for charlie by the players
    it was called {Baseball, by charlie Dressen} or something something like that
    and on every page was written the letter "I" . As a manager I liked Dressen, (although Burt Shotton was my favorite), Leo was the first I remember, but he always seemed to want to be "whole show" or a key part of it, let's face it he wanted just the attention. Oh, I've strayed off topic, yea, Charlie could probably have signed his name with his head, but I love ya, Charlie and I'm still wit cha'

Comment

• What's amazing to me is that the really OLD Brooklyn caps are MUCH more realistic than the "glory days" Dodgers (1941-1956) caps!!! Weird, that the companies can get Dodger caps "correct" for 1912, 1932, 1937..........but NOT after 1939 (blue with the white "B"). It boggles the mind.
      you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS
      http://brooklyndodgermemories.freeforums.org/

Comment

• The Fedora Lounge people have pointed me toward ballcap.com to do a custom cap. I wonder if anyone else would like to help me approach these people and get it absolutely right for once and for all?

Comment

• Hi Jove: I have purchased 4 ballcap.com's Brooklyn caps (all subtly different). All 4 are nice and I enjoy wearing them, BUT they are "off"......yes, all of them.
          you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS

Comment

What's amazing to me is that the really OLD Brooklyn caps are MUCH more realistic than the "glory days" Dodgers (1941-1956) caps!!! Weird, that the companies can get Dodger caps "correct" for 1912, 1932, 1937..........but NOT after 1939 (blue with the white "B"). It boggles the mind.
            A lot of the more historical caps are very inaccurate - but this new Ol' Boy series from American Needle is a winner. I'm very happy with mine. The NY Giants and St. Louis Browns caps look good, too.

(Nobody gets the old Browns fleur de lis logo right either - they copy the T206 baseball cards which are inaccurate - they need to reference old photos... but that's fodder for another thread in another forum.)

The Fedora Lounge people have pointed me toward ballcap.com to do a custom cap. I wonder if anyone else would like to help me approach these people and get it absolutely right for once and for all?
            I love my Cooperstown Ballcap caps, too. If you can get past minor details with the embroidery, you'll be very pleased... And they'll try to work with you if you have any special requests... Give them a call.
            Last edited by Mongoose; 12-15-2008, 04:00 PM.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

What's amazing to me is that the really OLD Brooklyn caps are MUCH more realistic than the "glory days" Dodgers (1941-1956) caps!!! Weird, that the companies can get Dodger caps "correct" for 1912, 1932, 1937..........but NOT after 1939 (blue with the white "B"). It boggles the mind.
              Pete old buddy I agree, the white one with the blue B is ok, the old roman pro version of that cap was good. I just shake my head when a "bad one comes out. The thing, is this is historical, so we're getting an incorrect version of history. Most younger people take it as the "real" thing, that bugs me. Not being able to get a "real" one to wear bugs me too, a lot.
              Last edited by dodger dynamo; 12-15-2008, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• and from what I gather she spent a lot of money, I know she was a "flashy" dresser, notice I didn't say, "sharp".

Comment

This is the best throwback Brooklyn cap ever re-produced (IMHO)........no longer available...........
                  I agree. I've never seen a better reproduction. It almost catches the elegance of the original.

Comment

• Are these more of the same? Or an improvement?

http://cgi.ebay.com/BROOKLYN-DODGERS...3A1%7C294%3A50

Comment

• Originally posted by JOVE23 View Post
                      Are these more of the same? Or an improvement?

http://cgi.ebay.com/BROOKLYN-DODGERS...3A1%7C294%3A50
                      Interestingly, those New Era caps, though not perfect, look like an improvement over these New Era caps, @ http://www.officialcap.com/new-era-5...te-p-2655.html
                      The line on the left is straighter (in your pics). Strange. You would think they would be identical--both coming from the same company.
                      Last edited by BornthedaythebumswontheWS; 12-16-2008, 10:27 PM.

Comment

• That's the whole point. The Brooklyn "B" fluctuates. Even within the same company. They continue to dance around the Brooklyn "B", never quite getting it right. Simply mind boggling.

Comment

• Does anybody know who makes this cap?: http://www.gracecollector.com/memora...eball-cap.html
                          At first glance, it looks pretty good. Notice the stitching. I don't recognize that.

Comment

• Originally posted by BornthedaythebumswontheWS View Post
                            Does anybody know who makes this cap?: http://www.gracecollector.com/memora...eball-cap.html
                            At first glance, it looks pretty good. Notice the stitching. I don't recognize that.
                            That cap does look fairly good. I would buy it.

Comment

• Friends:

I notice that the "B" fluctuates even within old team photographs, sometimes thinner, sometimes thicker, sometimes curvier, sometimes straighter. I have an autographed photo of The Captain, The Duke and Jackie where each of them is wearing a different cap. So what was "official" obviously varied from season to season or official supplier to official supplier, asnd that's assuming the boys were all wearing "official" caps. Like the koan about one hand clapping, the answer may be right in front of us and cleverly unobscured.
                              Spirit of '55:cap:

"Let's Bring The Dodgers Home Before The Big Quake, Else The Fault Will Be Ours!"

Comment

• Friends:

I notice that the "B" fluctuates even within old team photographs, sometimes thinner, sometimes thicker, sometimes curvier, sometimes straighter. I have an autographed photo of The Captain, The Duke and Jackie where each of them is wearing a different cap. So what was "official" obviously varied from season to season or official supplier to official supplier, asnd that's assuming the boys were all wearing "official" caps. Like the koan about one hand clapping, the answer may be right in front of us and cleverly unobscured.

This is a good point. And when you add the fact that baseball players are notoriously superstitious, and will sometimes continue to wear older (prior year) caps--this only exacerbates the situation. (Even in these days, if you look carefully, for instance, at Jonathan Papelbon's cap, you can tell that he's using a pre-black under-brimmed one--his older style being replaced in 2007.)
                                Last edited by BornthedaythebumswontheWS; 12-18-2008, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X