Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brooklyn Dodger Caps

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How do we really know which "B" is really the right one, Dressen's hat is nice but i'm sure if we looked at photos of players from 1939-57 we'd find others that acceptable too.
    Lets support Gil Hodges for The Hall of Fame, a true Hall of Famer.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
      I guess there's an acceptable range, but some are definitely wronger than others.

      Most of the ones floating around today are outside that range.
      Yo Goose: You're right. Some are "wronger" than others. These are the ones we must eschew.
      you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS
      http://brooklyndodgermemories.freeforums.org/

      Comment


      • Originally posted by kramer_47 View Post
        How do we really know which "B" is really the right one, Dressen's hat is nice but i'm sure if we looked at photos of players from 1939-57 we'd find others that acceptable too.
        Bob: You are correct it seems. I've seen pictures of Dodgers with a fat "B" IRONED on the hat (and half peeling off for God's sake). I think we can all agree that we are in search of the most realistic "B" we can find (along with the correct hue of blue). I own some caps that are better than others. The "others" I wear in the rain.......lol.
        you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS
        http://brooklyndodgermemories.freeforums.org/

        Comment


        • BTW, remember the seasons that the Brooks wore those "felt" batting helmets? They had a very fat "B". I believe the Bums wore these in 1955-1957. I saw a reproduction helmet on ebay some while ago, but it was too small for my large coconut. Looked good and was relatively cheap ($50 or less I seem to remember). Alas, it was a size 7.......I take a 7 and 3/4 or 7 and 7/8.
          you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS
          http://brooklyndodgermemories.freeforums.org/

          Comment


          • Originally posted by penncentralpete View Post
            BTW, remember the seasons that the Brooks wore those "felt" batting helmets? They had a very fat "B". I believe the Bums wore these in 1955-1957. I saw a reproduction helmet on ebay some while ago, but it was too small for my large coconut. Looked good and was relatively cheap ($50 or less I seem to remember). Alas, it was a size 7.......I take a 7 and 3/4 or 7 and 7/8.
            I was tempted to buy it and remove the padding band around the circumference, but decided not to.
            you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS
            http://brooklyndodgermemories.freeforums.org/

            Comment


            • Here is the Brooklyn felt helmet with the large "B"................
              Attached Files
              you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS
              http://brooklyndodgermemories.freeforums.org/

              Comment


              • Originally posted by penncentralpete View Post
                Here is the Brooklyn felt helmet with the large "B"................
                I'd rather wear a normal cap.

                The "B" of the 1940s was basically two circles mounted one over the other, with the sort of "3" shape on the left. That was the main Dodgers "B". I don't know what's so hard to replicate about that. I've attached pictures.

                The 1940s cap is on top. The 1955 "B" was different and is below.

                Most caps available today miss both marks completely. It does indeed boggle the mind.

                By the way... If you think Shirley Stoler would make a good on-screen Walter O'Malley, please vote for her in the poll I've posted.

                http://www.baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=85722

                It would be a fitting tribute to the Hall of Fame owner.
                Attached Files


                "The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

                Comment


                • 1940's Brooklyn Cap

                  At last there might be some good news in the near future regarding a true replication of the 1940's style Brooklyn cap and that infamous "B". I'm currently working along with the art designers of a major baseball cap manufacturer in creating a "true" 1940's Dodger cap. The head of the art dept. is working on some mockups, and will contact me to tweak the final result/decision. I'll keep you posted.....................
                  you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS
                  http://brooklyndodgermemories.freeforums.org/

                  Comment


                  • I decided I wanted to buy one. So I went to lids.com adn found this one:

                    http://www.lids.com/pid/20126455

                    I am guessing thats not authentic
                    Last edited by aqib; 03-16-2009, 08:41 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by aqib View Post
                      I decided I wanted to buy one. So I went to lids.com adn found this one:

                      http://www.lids.com/pid/20126455

                      I am guessing thats not authentic
                      Close, but a bit "off".....................lol
                      Attached Files
                      you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS
                      http://brooklyndodgermemories.freeforums.org/

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by penncentralpete View Post
                        At last there might be some good news in the near future regarding a true replication of the 1940's style Brooklyn cap and that infamous "B". I'm currently working along with the art designers of a major baseball cap manufacturer in creating a "true" 1940's Dodger cap. The head of the art dept. is working on some mockups, and will contact me to tweak the final result/decision. I'll keep you posted.....................
                        That's great news! I hope someone finally gets it right.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by JOVE23 View Post
                          That's great news! I hope someone finally gets it right.
                          I've got my fingers crossed as I await the mock-ups..................
                          you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS
                          http://brooklyndodgermemories.freeforums.org/

                          Comment


                          • Can you make those without the trademark police going after you like the Brooklyn Dodger sports bar.

                            Comment


                            • I'm not (personally) making the caps. I'm helping design the (1940's) Brooklyn cap for a well known company.
                              Last edited by penncentralpete; 03-20-2009, 07:47 AM.
                              you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS
                              http://brooklyndodgermemories.freeforums.org/

                              Comment


                              • That's great news, Pete! Let us know when you're free to divulge the details.

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X