No announcement yet.

Brooklyn Dodger Caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry for the large size of the photos! I was at work and was using a camera I was unfamiliar with.

Here is one more...

Again, my lighting, angles, your computer's rendering of the color blue will all have to be considered here. I took the photos using a white background, also.

If you would like different angles or background colors, just let me know.

Lou, NY
    Attached Files

Comment

• Lou: Thanks for posting your photos. I'm still waiting for my cap. A little difficult to judge by the large photos, but at first blush I would say about a C+. When I receive my cap I will post pictures also. Thanks Lou--enjoy.
      you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS
      http://brooklyndodgermemories.freeforums.org/

Comment

• That's long been one of my complaints about Ballcap.com - the color palette is just a little off for many caps. I'd say that blue is definitely too far on the green side. But thanks for posting them!

Pete, looking forward to seeing your pics.

Comment

• Originally posted by six4three View Post
          That's long been one of my complaints about Ballcap.com - the color palette is just a little off for many caps. I'd say that blue is definitely too far on the green side. But thanks for posting them!

Pete, looking forward to seeing your pics.
          That greenish tint is probably just the computer and the camera infidelity. When my cap arrives, I will not only post pictures of the cap itself, but I'll compare the color against other Brooklyn pieces: other caps, jerseys, etc.
          you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS

Comment

• Originally posted by penncentralpete View Post
            That greenish tint is probably just the computer and the camera infidelity. When my cap arrives, I will not only post pictures of the cap itself, but I'll compare the color against other Brooklyn pieces: other caps, jerseys, etc.
            I think you are correct penncentralpete, my cap doesn't have a greenish tint. It is definitely blue but one shade of which I have not seen on a Brooklyn repro cap before. Again, that could be a good thing but I'll await your review.

Should I try to take smaller photos for you guys?

Lou, NY

Comment

• Smaller Pics...I Hope!

I hope these come out smaller for a better look at the cap. --- I previewed the message before posting and they are smaller - if you'd like them even smaller please let me know...

Lou, NY
              Attached Files

Comment

• ...and lastly...

Here is a photo that I used color fix from my photo software. The actual cap color lies somewhere in between the two represented in my posts - darker than the original post and lighter than this one. Sorry to further muddy the waters here...

Lou, NY
                Attached Files

Comment

• Lou: You are not muddying the waters at all. Thank you for your efforts. Tomorrow will be 7 weeks I am waiting for delivery of my cap. Since the company claims that all their caps are made one at a time, by hand, perhaps mine will differ slightly from yours. Count on me to post pictures and personal assessments.
                  Last edited by penncentralpete; 07-07-2009, 10:56 AM.

Comment

• Pete, I hope your cap comes out perfect.

If it comes out the way it is supposed to, I will place an order for that hat as well. Because New Era just doesn't cut it for me.
                    No one can make you
                    Do what they want to
                    You know you're stronger
                    Than the lies
                    That they tell you

Comment

• Originally posted by penncentralpete View Post
                      Lou: You are not muddying the waters at all. Thank you for your efforts. Tomorrow will be 7 weeks I am waiting for delivery of my cap. Since the company claims that all their caps are made one at a time, by hand, perhaps mine will differ slightly from yours. Count on me to post pictures and personal assessments.
                      Well, for you penncentralpete, and for all of your effort, I hope it is perfect. I would be a tad bit upset though if there were that drastic a difference in the production of it. You would think, even though they are hand made one by one there'd be some degree of consistency, eh?

Lou, NY

Comment

• We will soon find out........................

Comment

• I just love that sexy leather sweatband and the green on the underside of the bill. New Era changed it to gray, and now black for this season.

:silent:
                          No one can make you
                          Do what they want to
                          You know you're stronger
                          Than the lies
                          That they tell you

Comment

• Nice cap skaukatt

Comment

• Originally posted by jimm View Post
                              Nice cap skaukatt
                              Thanks all, for the kind comments. I hope once penncentralpete has his cap in his hands, it all works out as we expected, color, logo proportions, etc... and that mine falls within the tolerances!

I hope that there is not too much in the way of variation. You'd think that they would have to adhere to some degree of consistency.

I like the cap but I wonder about the blue and the size of the logo. If ballcaps.com followed 'pete's dimensions and color suggestion, you'd wonder how far off from the suggestions could ballcaps.com stray?????

Lou, NY

Comment

• Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy View Post
                                I just love that sexy leather sweatband and the green on the underside of the bill. New Era changed it to gray, and now black for this season.

:silent:
                                I was surprised to see such a dark colored leather. My other hats from ballcaps.com have much lighter colored leather bands.

How authentic is the dark band, I wonder?????

Lou, NY

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X