Brooklyn Dodger Caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by six4three View Post
    That's long been one of my complaints about Ballcap.com - the color palette is just a little off for many caps. I'd say that blue is definitely too far on the green side. But thanks for posting them!

Pete, looking forward to seeing your pics.
    That greenish tint is probably just the computer and the camera infidelity. When my cap arrives, I will not only post pictures of the cap itself, but I'll compare the color against other Brooklyn pieces: other caps, jerseys, etc.
    you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS
    http://brooklyndodgermemories.freeforums.org/

Comment

• Originally posted by penncentralpete View Post
      That greenish tint is probably just the computer and the camera infidelity. When my cap arrives, I will not only post pictures of the cap itself, but I'll compare the color against other Brooklyn pieces: other caps, jerseys, etc.
      I think you are correct penncentralpete, my cap doesn't have a greenish tint. It is definitely blue but one shade of which I have not seen on a Brooklyn repro cap before. Again, that could be a good thing but I'll await your review.

Should I try to take smaller photos for you guys?

Lou, NY

Comment

• Smaller Pics...I Hope!

I hope these come out smaller for a better look at the cap. --- I previewed the message before posting and they are smaller - if you'd like them even smaller please let me know...

Lou, NY
        Attached Files

Comment

• ...and lastly...

Here is a photo that I used color fix from my photo software. The actual cap color lies somewhere in between the two represented in my posts - darker than the original post and lighter than this one. Sorry to further muddy the waters here...

Lou, NY
          Attached Files

Comment

• Lou: You are not muddying the waters at all. Thank you for your efforts. Tomorrow will be 7 weeks I am waiting for delivery of my cap. Since the company claims that all their caps are made one at a time, by hand, perhaps mine will differ slightly from yours. Count on me to post pictures and personal assessments.
            Last edited by penncentralpete; 07-07-2009, 09:56 AM.
            you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS

Comment

• Pete, I hope your cap comes out perfect.

If it comes out the way it is supposed to, I will place an order for that hat as well. Because New Era just doesn't cut it for me.
              No one can make you
              Do what they want to
              You know you're stronger
              Than the lies
              That they tell you

Comment

• Originally posted by penncentralpete View Post
                Lou: You are not muddying the waters at all. Thank you for your efforts. Tomorrow will be 7 weeks I am waiting for delivery of my cap. Since the company claims that all their caps are made one at a time, by hand, perhaps mine will differ slightly from yours. Count on me to post pictures and personal assessments.
                Well, for you penncentralpete, and for all of your effort, I hope it is perfect. I would be a tad bit upset though if there were that drastic a difference in the production of it. You would think, even though they are hand made one by one there'd be some degree of consistency, eh?

Lou, NY

Comment

• We will soon find out........................

Comment

• I just love that sexy leather sweatband and the green on the underside of the bill. New Era changed it to gray, and now black for this season.

:silent:
                    No one can make you
                    Do what they want to
                    You know you're stronger
                    Than the lies
                    That they tell you

Comment

• Nice cap skaukatt

Comment

• Originally posted by jimm View Post
                        Nice cap skaukatt
                        Thanks all, for the kind comments. I hope once penncentralpete has his cap in his hands, it all works out as we expected, color, logo proportions, etc... and that mine falls within the tolerances!

I hope that there is not too much in the way of variation. You'd think that they would have to adhere to some degree of consistency.

I like the cap but I wonder about the blue and the size of the logo. If ballcaps.com followed 'pete's dimensions and color suggestion, you'd wonder how far off from the suggestions could ballcaps.com stray?????

Lou, NY

Comment

• Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy View Post
                          I just love that sexy leather sweatband and the green on the underside of the bill. New Era changed it to gray, and now black for this season.

:silent:
                          I was surprised to see such a dark colored leather. My other hats from ballcaps.com have much lighter colored leather bands.

How authentic is the dark band, I wonder?????

Lou, NY

Comment

• I've been following this thread and though I'm a Giants fan, it makes me anxious for the caps I ordered from Cooperstown. The colors might be a little off, but the logo is spot on, and much better than the American Needle and New Era Brooklyn caps.

How do they wear?

Originally posted by skaukatt View Post
                            Well, I didn't think it would be me to post the first photos of the newly designed cap but here it is folks! I will have to leave it to all of you first hand experts when it comes to how close it comes to hitting the nail n the head.

My own thoughts: It is a color blue that I have not seen on any current or past Brooklyn Dodgers cap - that's neither good nor bad, the question is, how close to authentic is this color blue? I don't know the answer to that one. It looks correct compared to some of the period photos but different ifrom others. I realize that colors in different photos are subject to a multiple variety of factors; light, distance, angles, etc...

In terms of the logo, it looks very good in terms of replicating what penncentralpete illustated to Will of ballcaps.com. In terms of the size and dimensions, again, I will have to leave that to the experts here. Comparing it to period photos I think it is dead on but I am no expert when it comes to those with personal first hand remembrance of the real caps.

So, as soon as see these, penncentralpete, let's here what you got to say. You'll have a better "picture" when you are holding your own.

In all, I'm pleased with it as it definitely looks more "correct" than replicas that have been and are currently available on the market.

So, when I get the "OK" from you all, I'll set forth on getting the Pee Wee cap from post #309 by six4three made by Will and his company. But, let all of us know what you think about this rendition of the cap from the team we love.

Lou, NY

Comment

• Originally posted by jackwood View Post
                              I've been following this thread and though I'm a Giants fan, it makes me anxious for the caps I ordered from Cooperstown. The colors might be a little off, but the logo is spot on, and much better than the American Needle and New Era Brooklyn caps.

How do they wear?
                              Thanks, jackwood. If you look back at post #129 you'll see all of my caps at that time. I have since aded the newest edition shown in recent posts. The caps take a little getting used to. What I mean is that speaking personnaly, I am so used to a cap being stiff with a stiff bill and stiff construction. When I received my first ballcaps.com cap my first reaction was, "This is flimsy" but I had to realize that the "soft" style was what was produced back then so it is period correct. The cap itself is constructed of very soft cotton as opposed to the caps being produced today and for many years - stiff construction of bill and cap. The ballcaps.com cap tends to sag and fall in on itself as opposed to most other caps that "stand at attention" if you know what I mean.

I have been wearing the ballcaps.com caps on and off for about a year now and they are holding up terrifically. They tend to conform to the shape of your head and become very comfortable. They are extremley light weight. The leather bands take a bit of getting used to until they get broken in - they are a little stiff. After that the cap shapes to your head and it feels as if it is not even on your head.

I'll keep you posted as time goes by.

Lou, NY

Comment

• Can't you just tell how much of a fan-atic I am about this team? It's all due to my Dad, uncles and grandmother! I say to myself sometimes, "Look at me, I root for a team that no longer exists" How's that for influence from the prior generation, eh? I'd say they did a pretty damn good job at perpetuating the oral history.

Ah, if only things were different...

Lou, NY

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X