Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brooklyn Dodgers influence in the 21st Century

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by DODGER DEB View Post
    No doubt, they came in the 3rd inning and left by the 6th inning, as usual.....a tale of loyal and true baseball fans!

    c.
    I thought that was the character profile of Angels baseball fans.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
      I thought that was the character profile of Angels baseball fans.
      Oh no, my friend, that profiles' pattern is held exclusively by that faux west coast group at 1000 Elsyian Park Drive. If it fell over into Anaheim, I am sure it was by accident. But, make no mistake who developed it, and continues to own it....outright!

      c.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Spirit of '55 View Post
        Damn! We should have put a horse's head in O'Malley's bed! Who knew?

        Okay, I'll be the straight man. Why didn't they put a horse's HEAD in O'Malley's bed?

        Comment


        • #19
          .......................................
          Last edited by willisraverchk77; 03-30-2008, 08:23 PM.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Spirit of '55 View Post

            Damn! We should have put a horse's head in O'Malley's bed! Who knew?

            That would have done no good. Archie Bunker claimed that the mafia ordered the Dodgers to move to LA.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by DODGER DEB View Post
              No doubt, they came in the 3rd inning...

              c.
              no doubt you're wrong, mod. this shot was during the pre-game line up.

              photo from lafftery.
              Attached Files

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by willisraverchk77 View Post
                no doubt you're wrong, mod. this shot was during the pre-game line up.

                photo from lafftery.
                IF you are right, then it's no doubt the first time that ever happened out there. That would have been an event in and of itself....west coasters actually arriving before a game. Heavens, what will we see next?

                I've sat in that place (too many times), so I know of what I speak!

                c.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by willisraverchk77 View Post
                  yeah, but you forgot the most important thing--it makes zero sense.

                  lets put it this way, it would be "right" to give the entire united states of america back to the native americans and all of us to go back to europe or wherever. but there's no logic to it, just as there's no logic to one of the most sucessful teams in baseball who are making money hand over fist, and going to draw 4 million fans to move? move why? move into what stadium? move approved by what commissioner? :noidea you might as well suggest moving the yankees.

                  the LA team should never have existed in its present form, o'money was wrong to move the team out of the NY area, but you can't put the genie back in the bottle.
                  How about this scenario a third team in NY buys the Dodgers name? Either via expansion or relocation a third team will exist in the NY area eventually, the market can easily support it now. Owners (for example the A's owner) have even mentioned this. Baseball will either eventually give up on Florida or add two teams to balance the leagues and go with 4 divisions of 4 teams each. Brooklyn does make sense since its revived and the expense of gas is causing a lot of de-spralling/urban renewal. So an expansion team goes to Brooklyn and pays the West Coast Imposter Franchise $150 million for the name.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by aqib View Post
                    How about this scenario a third team in NY buys the Dodgers name? Either via expansion or relocation a third team will exist in the NY area eventually, the market can easily support it now. Owners (for example the A's owner) have even mentioned this. Baseball will either eventually give up on Florida or add two teams to balance the leagues and go with 4 divisions of 4 teams each. Brooklyn does make sense since its revived and the expense of gas is causing a lot of de-spralling/urban renewal. So an expansion team goes to Brooklyn and pays the West Coast Imposter Franchise $150 million for the name.
                    Well...in the CFL there are 2 teams called the Roughriders (although as I understand it one of them uses two words)...how about this, we call the new Brooklyn team the Brooklyn trolleydodgers..(which was the original name anyway - so what if thanks to Moses, his real crime, trolley cars have been extinct in Brooklyn since 1956)....

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by DODGER DEB View Post
                      IF you are right, then it's no doubt the first time that ever happened out there. That would have been an event in and of itself....west coasters actually arriving before a game. Heavens, what will we see next?

                      I've sat in that place (too many times), so I know of what I speak!

                      c.
                      since you're a moderator, please tell me--why is ripping another teams fans kosher with you? isn't it against the rules here? i'm shocked that that's ok, while mentioning the pediatric cancer research project (the whole purpose of the event in the first place) gets a warning and admonishment from you.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by MATHA531 View Post
                        Well...in the CFL there are 2 teams called the Roughriders (although as I understand it one of them uses two words)...how about this, we call the new Brooklyn team the Brooklyn trolleydodgers..(which was the original name anyway - so what if thanks to Moses, his real crime, trolley cars have been extinct in Brooklyn since 1956)....
                        You are correct sir! Or more accurately you were correct. The Ottawa franchise folded a few years ago but it was both Ottawa and Saskachawan(sp). The current Yankees were once the Baltimore Orioles, the current Orioles were once the Milwaukee Brewers(before they were the St Louis Browns). The Washington Senators board doesn't differentiate between Washington Senators I and Washington Senators II. So that being said what if some point down the line say the Florida Marlins were to move or an expansion team was to be put in Brooklyn, why wouldn't McCourt sell the Dodger name for $250 million if offered? He would recover almosat 60% of his investment right off the bat. LA fans won't really care anyway.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by willisraverchk77 View Post
                          since you're a moderator, please tell me--why is ripping another teams fans kosher with you? isn't it against the rules here? i'm shocked that that's ok, while mentioning the pediatric cancer research project (the whole purpose of the event in the first place) gets a warning and admonishment from you.
                          Amen, brother. In another thread, I posted about her unfair comments about Frank McCourt and his motives for the Coliseum game, only to be warned and reprimanded like I was some first-grader. She didn’t even know the game was for charity, yet she “knows all.” Like you said, guess it’s okay to rip another other team’s fans…and its owners...no matter what the rules say.

                          I’m sure I’ll be banned in quick order now, but that’s fine. I prefer interacting on boards where it’s okay to have a differing opinion and everyone doesn’t have to agree lock-step with the prevailing “wisdom” or all-knowing comments of the MODERATOR.

                          I know the Brooklyn Dodger fans are bitter about losing their team (I would be, too!), but a lot of that bitterness seems to be spilling over into other areas here. Isn't it a pity...isn't it a shame.

                          Farewell and goodnight now!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by DODGER DEB View Post
                            No doubt, they came in the 3rd inning and left by the 6th inning, as usual.....a tale of loyal and true baseball fans!

                            c.
                            Give us a little credit. We stayed through the 6th. We started leaving in the 7th (as documented by KCAL here in Los Angeles).
                            SOUVENEZ-VOUS LES EXPOS!!!
                            "The future's uncertain and the end is always near" - Jim Morrison

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by mojorisin71 View Post
                              Give us a little credit. We stayed through the 6th. We started leaving in the 7th (as documented by KCAL here in Los Angeles).
                              SIMPLY AMAZIN'!

                              After 50 years, the vast improvement is mind boggling!

                              c.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X