1956 Duke Snider Ovaltine commercial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VIBaseball View Post
    Mine too. I wasn't able to see it when it was in its prime-time run, but I remember hearing my dad talk about it. Then when it came on the MSG and A&E networks in reruns, I became devoted to it. If I recall, there's one episode where Dr. Kimble allows himself a little respite by going out to the ballpark.
    Good memory.....unfortunately it was Dodger Stadium lol. I was 7 in 1963 when the show premiered. My parents let me stay up late every Tuesday nite to watch it. It was on ABC from 10-11 Eastrn Time. The last 2 episodes were on August 22 & August 29 which was summer so staying up didnt matter. The great voice of William Conrad announced at the end of the final episode: "Tuesday, August 29th.......the day the running stopped." That's how it is on my VHS tape of the last episode. On my laserdisc version Conrad says: "Tuesday, September 5th......the day the running stopped."
    I found out later that the laserdisc copy was from the Canadian broadcast of the show which was shown a week later so Conrad did 2 dates for the ending.

Comment

Originally posted by shlevine42 View Post
      Another great radio voice was Jackson Beck, who narrated the Superman radio program. Let your mind go back to that time, and you can hear Beck speak the intro to the program, including the words, "a strange visitor from another planet."

Conrad had the BEST radio voice. He was also the narrator of The Fugitive on TV, and added much drama to that show.
      I'd love to know who the voice was at the beginning of the original George Reeves episodes...........I just checked out Google and his name was Willard Kennedy..........It's great answering your own questions.........lmao.

"Return with us to those thrilling days of yesteryear........"
      Last edited by SNAP; 04-09-2008, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Return with us to those thrilling days of yesteryear

Those immortal words were spoken, of course, at the beginning of The Lone Ranger radio program...and were spoken by the great Fred Foy.

Anyone over 50 should remember the entire opening.

So have at it!

P.S. The correct wording above is "Return with us NOW to those thrilling days of yesteryear."

Comment

Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
          For those such as myself who are "out of the loop" on these things, who are the colorful characters that you so describe?
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Midnight

Comment

Originally posted by shlevine42 View Post
            Return with us to those thrilling days of yesteryear

Those immortal words were spoken, of course, at the beginning of The Lone Ranger radio program...and were spoken by the great Fred Foy.

Anyone over 50 should remember the entire opening.

So have at it!

P.S. The correct wording above is "Return with us NOW to those thrilling days of yesteryear."
            I stand corrected......but nevertheless........"The Lone Ranger Rides Again."

Comment

Do you all remember pep cereal "P.E.P, the sunshine cereal"? Remember the comic buttons? I still have some of those, I guess they came out about
              45/46. I can still hear the announcer, you can put them on your sweater or jacket or blouse. A lot of kids wore beanies with them on it. "yes", beanies! and it was cool! bud collyer and joan alexander also provied the voices for the 60's filmation cartoon too. Remember bud on beat the clock or to tell the truth?. I think jackson beck voice character actor was on a lot of those shows. Bill johnstone or orson wells as the shadow! the great gildersleeve who left fibber mcgee and molly for his own show. Wow! what a lot of memories. Those were great times. battlin bake the dodger dynamo

Comment

Kellogg's Pep

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvNB2...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by dodger dynamo View Post
                  Do you all remember pep cereal "P.E.P, the sunshine cereal"? Remember the comic buttons? I still have some of those, I guess they came out about
                  45/46. I can still hear the announcer, you can put them on your sweater or jacket or blouse. A lot of kids wore beanies with them on it. "yes", beanies! and it was cool! bud collyer and joan alexander also provied the voices for the 60's filmation cartoon too. Remember bud on beat the clock or to tell the truth?. I think jackson beck voice character actor was on a lot of those shows. Bill johnstone or orson wells as the shadow! the great gildersleeve who left fibber mcgee and molly for his own show. Wow! what a lot of memories. Those were great times. battlin bake the dodger dynamo

Bet you wish you'd have saved those buttons.

http://www.classicauctions.net/Defau...d=10&lotid=313

Comment

Thanks, Stan the Man. Great link and very descriptive.
                    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Wells did The Shadow from 09/37-10/38..he was 22 at the time. Bill Johnstone replaced him and did it for 5 years. Brent Morrison replaced him and did it for 10 years.

Comment

bill johnstone went on to play judge lowell for a long time on as the world turns. I have about 10 of those buttons, superman, blondie, popeye and a few others. Believe it or not I hadn't sen those until my mom died in 05 at the age of 83. When getting her things in order I found them with a lot of other stuff she saved. a post card with ann blyth on it, (my favorite) and some other tid bits. my mom sure was a great lady. battlin bake, the dodger dynamo

Comment

I always loved superman especially when batman and robin made an appearance, In one he lost his memory and became a ball player, can you imagine superman in left field for the dodgers? Superman vs atom man and drought in freeville were good ones. It was all part of growing up at that time.
                          battlin bake, the dodger dynamo

Comment

bill johnstone went on to play judge lowell for a long time on as the world turns. I have about 10 of those buttons, superman, blondie, popeye and a few others. Believe it or not I hadn't sen those until my mom died in 05 at the age of 83. When getting her things in order I found them with a lot of other stuff she saved. a post card with ann blyth on it, (my favorite) and some other tid bits. my mom sure was a great lady. battlin bake, the dodger dynamo

Meet Ann, a lovely Catholic girl.

http://www.glamourgirlsofthesilversc...yth/index.html

Comment

who's still alive by the way and doesnt look the 80 yrs old she'll be this year.
                              battlin, bake the dodger dynamo

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X