Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the Dodgers ever wear this home jersey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did the Dodgers ever wear this home jersey?

I found this jersey on E-Bay. I wonder if the Dodgers ever wore this jersey for home games. I can not imagine that they wore a jersey with Brooklyn on it when they played their home games.
    Attached Files

It's certainly possible since they were the Brooklyn Robins for a long time rather than Dodgers...
    Rockies fan living in Texas

Comment

I just checked the uniform database at the Hall of Fame site. They did wear home uniforms with Brooklyn on the jersey from 1934 through 1937, but they didn't quite look like that...
      http://exhibits.baseballhalloffame.o...ment=18&pos=19
      Rockies fan living in Texas

Comment

The Brooklyn National League Baseball Club NEVER wore a jersey like that one at home. Brooklyn was PRINTED across the chest, never in script. The Buffalo Blues of the 1914-15 Federal League were the first team to have "script" (cursive lettering) on their jersey. That shirt (pictured above) is just another in a very long line of BOGUS vintage Brooklyn rip-offs. There are MANY.
        you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS
        http://brooklyndodgermemories.freeforums.org/

Comment

Originally posted by penncentralpete View Post
          The Brooklyn National League Baseball Club NEVER wore a jersey like that one at home. Brooklyn was PRINTED across the chest, never in script. The Buffalo Blues of the 1914-15 Federal League were the first team to have "script" (cursive lettering) on their jersey. That shirt (pictured above) is just another in a very long line of BOGUS vintage Brooklyn rip-offs. There are MANY.
          Oh......and by the way.....the red number on the front of the uniforms first appeared in 1952 (the first team to do so).
          you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS

Comment

Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
            I found this jersey on E-Bay. I wonder if the Dodgers ever wore this jersey for home games. I can not imagine that they wore a jersey with Brooklyn on it when they played their home games.
            that's not a brooklyn dodgers jersey, it's the one the LA team wears on Jackie Robinson day.

Comment

Friends:

I've seen "away" photos from the early 1940s where "Brooklyn" appears in script, but NOT the "B" or the number.

BTW, I recently bought a knock-off T-shirt that says "Brooklyn" in script with the number 55 in red---Being the Spirit of '55 I couldn't resist, PLUS my parents married in 1955, PLUS 1,9, 5, and 5 are the last four numbers of their phone.
              Last edited by Spirit of '55; 04-09-2008, 05:52 PM. Reason: typo
              Spirit of '55:cap:

"Let's Bring The Dodgers Home Before The Big Quake, Else The Fault Will Be Ours!"

Comment

Brooklyn uniforms

Here's the deal re: Brooklyn uniforms...................from 1934-1937 the BROOKLYN was spelled out in block-print lettering on the home jersey. From 1939-1945 BROOKLYN was scripted in cursive lettering on road uniforms. I hope this clears it all up.

Comment

Originally posted by penncentralpete View Post
                  Here's the deal re: Brooklyn uniforms...................from 1934-1937 the BROOKLYN was spelled out in block-print lettering on the home jersey. From 1939-1945 BROOKLYN was scripted in cursive lettering on road uniforms. I hope this clears it all up.
                  ...........and of course in 1937 it was GREEN!

Comment

In the book bums there are good pictures there of the road jersey's with brooklyn in cursive. It looks though that they have zippers not buttons. I never noticed as a little kid being born in 39. Is that possible? battlin bake, the dodger dynamo. also in the film whistling in brooklyn the hat durocher wears has a brooklyn B on it that looks more like the B I remember. battlin bake, the dodger dynamo

Comment

on closer inspection of those photos there is no doubt some of those have zippers. It's been a long time since i looked at the book, even longer since I've thought about such things. so i looked at pcp's pictures. Just one of those memories that gets burried. Why doesn't someone make those? battlin bake, the dodger dynamo

Comment

I love these! satin!

they should have kept these great blues!

Comment

Originally posted by dodger dynamo View Post
                          on closer inspection of those photos there is no doubt some of those have zippers. It's been a long time since i looked at the book, even longer since I've thought about such things. so i looked at pcp's pictures. Just one of those memories that gets burried. Why doesn't someone make those? battlin bake, the dodger dynamo
                          Yes, John, ZIPPERS!!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks guys. I thought so. It is quite clear that the LALALALALALA Dodgers and MLB are trying to sell us some rubbish.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X