X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Real McCoy
    replied
    Originally posted by aqib View Post
    would your disgust with O'Malley turn you into Giants fans or would you have turned off baseball entirely?
    that's not hypothetical, it's rhetorical!

I was a Cleveland Browns fan simply because of my inability to root for any team called the New York Giants.

turned off baseball? for what? Gaelic football in Van Cortland Park?

Leave a comment:

• DODGER DEB
    replied
    As the Professor stated, there was no way the DODGERS were going anywhere had Horace Stoneham not agreed to go along with the Big "O" and his grand scheme. He had the perfect "patsy" in Stoneham, and he used him mercerifulessly because the Giants were in terrible shape financially, and he knew it, as did Ford Frick and Warren Giles.

WE have discussed this numerous times here on OUR forum, going back a few years, and the conclusion was always the same.

I will add, as I did in some of those discussions, perhaps had WE made more of an effort to keep the Giants in NYC at that time, WE would still have OUR DODGERS here. Instead, OUR focus was to "Keep the DODGERS in BROOKLYN", which the Big "O" might have also counted on.

c.

Leave a comment:

• donzblock
    replied
    This one has already been thought through, and the conclusion was that if the Giants had stayed, then O'Malley would have been forced to stay, too, since the deal was that either two teams had to move or neither team would be allowed to. That means that Stoneham would have been a hero and would have been treated to free drinks in Brooklyn for the rest of his shorter life.

Leave a comment:

• aqib
    started a topic Hypthetical Question - What if the Giants had Stayed

Hypthetical Question - What if the Giants had Stayed

I know the Giants were losing money and had one foot out the door long before the Dodgers, but lets say that at the last minute the Giants double backed and decided that the Robert Moses proposal was acceptable to them and they had stayed after the Dodgers left. How would Dodger fans have responded, would your disgust with O'Malley turn you into Giants fans or would you have turned off baseball entirely?

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X