Larsen's perfecto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larsen's perfecto

there is a new station on most cable networks, it is the mlb network. they are airing already, but the station actually starts on Jan 1, '09. that day the first program airing will the actual video of game 5 of the 1956 series, which of course was larsen's perfect game. i understand it is the first time it is being shown.

To me, and all Brooklyn Dodger fans, GAME 6, on October 9th, was a much better game...and the one I'll always remember. I will never forget sitting in OUR Ebbets Field and seeing OUR All-Star Pitcher CLEM LABINE pitch 10 innings of simply incredible baseball...and OUR JACKIE ROBINSON drive in the only run of the game. It was OUR #41-#42 punch! :applaud:

WHAT A GAME!

c.

Comment

Yeah, what a game DodgerDeb. Jackie's final hit ever was a line drive over Slaughter's head that "froze" the Yankee leftfielder, driving home Junior.. Clem was fantastic on this day. But alas, the Brooks couldn't muster anything against Johnny Kucks the next afternoon, losing 9-0. In games 5, 6, and seven, the Bums scored but once. They collected 24 runs in the first four games and then went cold. I was 10 years old and lived and died with my Dodgers.
      Last edited by penncentralpete; 12-22-2008, 01:30 PM.
      you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS
      http://brooklyndodgermemories.freeforums.org/

Comment

Originally posted by penncentralpete View Post
        Yeah, what a game DodgerDeb. Jackie's final hit was a line drive over Slaughter's head that "froze" the Yankee leftfielder. Clem was fantastic on this day. But alas, the Brooks couldn't muster anything against Johnny Kucks the next afternoon, losing 9-0. In games 5, 6, and seven, the Bums scored but once. I was 10 years old and lived and died with my Brooks.
        I was six years old, and still remember watching Kucks beat the Dodgers 9-0. I also remember believing there would be another tomorrow, and the Brooklyn Dodgers would get another chance. Little did I know....very sad.

What wasn't sad, however, was recently re-watching the Mets 2006 playoff games against the Los Angeles Dodgers. Three straight for the boys from New York! Dodger Stadium went silent. LaSorda looked ill. Too bad O'Malley wasn't around.
        Last edited by Let's Go Mets!; 12-22-2008, 08:32 PM.
        Let's Go Mets!
        New York Mets fan since 1962

Comment

I attended MANY games at the Polo Grounds in both 1962 and 1963. At least THOSE Mets' teams ineptness was expected. The last 2 or 3 seasons have jolted me (as a Mets' fan). I don't wanna change the "flow" of this thread, but man.....these present-day Mets are KILLING me. It's almost like 3 Bobby Thomson's in a row!!!!!!!!
          you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS
          http://brooklyndodgermemories.freeforums.org/

Comment

Here's some of the actual AP Wire print outs of the perfect game.
            Sorry, I don't have them all...still pretty cool though (I think).
            Say hello on Twitter @BSmile & Facebook "Baseball by BSmile"

Comment

Originally posted by jayzeeg View Post
              there is a new station on most cable networks, it is the mlb network. they are airing already, but the station actually starts on Jan 1, '09. that day the first program airing will the actual video of game 5 of the 1956 series, which of course was larsen's perfect game. i understand it is the first time it is being shown.

It's a kinescope and the first inning is missing.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseb...me-focus_x.htm

Comment

Originally posted by DODGER DEB View Post
                To me, and all Brooklyn Dodger fans, GAME 6, on October 9th, was a much better game...and the one I'll always remember. I will never forget sitting in OUR Ebbets Field and seeing OUR All-Star Pitcher CLEM LABINE pitch 10 innings of simply incredible baseball...and OUR JACKIE ROBINSON drive in the only run of the game. It was OUR #41-#42 punch! :applaud:

WHAT A GAME!

c.
                Both game 5 and game 6 are available in radio broadcasts with Bob Wolfe and Bob Neal.
                http://www.cooperstownmusic.com/complete.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
                  Both game 5 and game 6 are available in radio broadcasts with Bob Wolfe and Bob Neal.
                  http://www.cooperstownmusic.com/complete.htm
                  I know, Bobcat. When you first mentioned Cooperstownmusic, a few months ago, I got GAME 6 and it is excellent. I am still looking for the video of GAME 6.

c.

Comment

Originally posted by DODGER DEB View Post
                    I know, Bobcat. When you first mentioned Cooperstownmusic, a few months ago, I got GAME 6 and it is excellent. I am still looking for the video of GAME 6.

c.

So am I, but if it exists they either don't know they have it or don't wish to make it available. There is a partial kinescope of Game 5, 1955 and Game 2, 1956 available from Rare Sports Films, Inc., as well as complete or nearly complete films of games 6 & 7, 1952 that were shown on TV long ago but can still be seen at theMuseum of Televison & Radio. They even have the split screen in 1952 showing the batter and runner on base. Interesting .

http://www.raresportsfilms.com/
                    Last edited by Bobcat; 12-23-2008, 07:32 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X