No announcement yet.

Ebbets Field Fashions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Sixties-oriented rather than Fifties, but have you heard that the Mets are doing a fedora promotion at Citi Field? It ties in with the TV show Mad Men. I haven't been able to find out what date(s) yet, though. It doesn't appear that they're giveaways, rather that there'll be a section with hatted fans.

Here's a little color:

http://gawker.com/5319601/don-draper...-mad-men-pitch

Comment

Dust off your fedora's boys.
      Lets get Eddie Basinski elected to the Polish Sports Hall of Fame.
      www.brooklyndodgermemories.com

Comment

Originally posted by VIBaseball View Post
        It's Sixties-oriented rather than Fifties, but have you heard that the Mets are doing a fedora promotion at Citi Field? It ties in with the TV show Mad Men. I haven't been able to find out what date(s) yet, though. It doesn't appear that they're giveaways, rather that there'll be a section with hatted fans.

Here's a little color:

http://gawker.com/5319601/don-draper...-mad-men-pitch
        Wouldn't it be cool to do a throwback day? The Mets could dress in old NY Metropolitan uni's, and the Dodgers could come as the Eckfords. Every fan who comes in period attire could get a free seat, in the "Prominade" of course.
        unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
        unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
        unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Comment

Originally posted by theAmazingMet View Post
          Wouldn't it be cool to do a throwback day? The Mets could dress in old NY Metropolitan uni's, and the Dodgers could come as the Eckfords. Every fan who comes in period attire could get a free seat, in the "Prominade" of course.
          Do I have to wear a suit?

Comment

Originally posted by tonypug View Post
            Do I have to wear a suit?
            No. Then again, you wouldn't gain free admission.
            you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS
            http://brooklyndodgermemories.freeforums.org/

Comment

Originally posted by theAmazingMet View Post
              Funny you mentioned that. Gary Cohen said today that the Mets will be wearing New York Giants throwback uniforms for all three games versus San Francisco. The NY Giants throwback unis will have the Mets logo on the sleeve.
              Let's Go Mets!
              New York Mets fan since 1962

Comment

Originally posted by Let's Go Mets! View Post
                Funny you mentioned that. Gary Cohen said today that the Mets will be wearing New York Giants throwback uniforms for all three games versus San Francisco. The NY Giants throwback unis will have the Mets logo on the sleeve.
                I hope those puppies show up on Ebay later in the year...................if they are wool..............
                Last edited by penncentralpete; 08-13-2009, 12:57 PM.
                you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS

Comment

That sounds awesome! I'm going Sat and I hope they have some of these throwbacks for sale in the team store. :crossfingers:
                  unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
                  unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
                  unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Comment

Isn't that interesting? THe Mets never wore Brooklyn Dodger uniforms against the Dodgers. I wonder if the Dodgers won't allow it?

Comment

The cream-colored jerseys feature an oversized blue "NY" on the front, blue and orange piping on the sleeves and a Mr. Met patch on the right sleeve.

Mets Amazin' Memorabilia will auction off the jerseys to benefit the Mets Foundation on www.mets.com/gameused.

Comment

How many shirts are you bidding on, Pete?

Comment

Originally posted by tonypug View Post
                          How many shirts are you bidding on, Pete?
                          Zero. I don't want a polyester fake throwback jersey. And since they'll be "game worn", they'll be incredibly expensive. Not worth it (to me) to get a GIANTS jersey with Mr. Met on the sleeve.

Comment

They're getting generous with the term "throwback".

The jerseys that the Mets will be wearing were never worn by the Giants. It's a brand-new design that looks old fashioned, but it's not a jersey that the NY Giants ever wore.
                            I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
                            - Walt Whitman

Comment

Actually the Giants DID wear uniforms SIMILAR to the ones described by the Mets' broadcasters.........................
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by penncentralpete View Post
                                Actually the Giants DID wear uniforms SIMILAR to the ones described by the Mets' broadcasters.........................
                                Vaguely similar. The wordmark style and size is completely different, as is the collar and sleeve piping, and the collar design itself.

I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
                                - Walt Whitman

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X