No announcement yet.

Ebbets Field Fashions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like I said..........the Giants DID wear uniforms SIMILAR to the ones described by the Mets' broadcasters.........................
    Attached Files
    you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS
    http://brooklyndodgermemories.freeforums.org/

Comment

Originally posted by penncentralpete View Post
      Like I said..........the Giants DID wear uniforms SIMILAR to the ones described by the Mets' broadcasters.........................
      Depends on what you consider similar. To me it's not even close to similar.

Would this be "similar" enough to represent a 1955 Brooklyn Dodgers cap?

I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
      - Walt Whitman

Comment

You think that these uniform jerseys "are not even close to being similar"??? (and what do caps have to do with this?) If you owned the team who wore the jersey to the left, and my team started to wear the jersey on the right, you wouldn't complain to the commish or NL president?
        Attached Files
        you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS

Comment

Originally posted by jnakamura View Post
          Depends on what you consider similar. To me it's not even close to similar.

Would this be "similar" enough to represent a 1955 Brooklyn Dodgers cap?

No. That cap isn't similar to the 1955 Dodger cap. So? What does that have to do with the jerseys? NOTHING.

Comment

No. That cap isn't similar to the 1955 Dodger cap. So? What does that have to do with the jerseys? NOTHING.
            Perhaps this will help.
            - Walt Whitman

Comment

You think that these uniform jerseys "are not even close to being similar"???
              Yes, I said they're not close to being similar.

Similarities:

1. Both have N Y on the front.

Differences:

1. Wordmark is completely different

2. Letters are a different size

3. Sleeves are a completely different short style

4. Piping on sleeves completely different

5. Button-up style completely different

6. Piping on collar completely different

1 similarity + 6 considerable differences = my opinion that it's not close to looking like an actual replica Giants jersey.
              - Walt Whitman

Comment

No. That cap isn't similar to the 1955 Dodger cap. So? What does that have to do with the jerseys?
                Glad you asked, so I'll tell you.

You agree with me that changing the wordmark for the B and adding a stripe on the cap means that to you it's not similar to the '55 cap.

So then why so you take issue with me when I use those exact same parameters in judging the lack of similarity of the N Y jersey?
                - Walt Whitman

Comment

I think Pete is referring to the style of the jersey. Obviously they aren't alike, but the style with the big "NY" where each letter is being worn on the opposite breast is alike.
                  unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
                  unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
                  unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Comment

Actually the font of the NY is closer to this Giants jersey.

1.bmp
                    unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
                    unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
                    unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Comment

It seems that we are all on the same page on this with one exception. That one exception always tries to muddy the waters and cause conflict. Like I said on another thread, this exception obviously gets his kicks from this type of behavior.
                      Lets get Eddie Basinski elected to the Polish Sports Hall of Fame.
                      www.brooklyndodgermemories.com

Comment

Now getting back to business, if these uniforms are going to be auctioned and the proceeds go to the Mets charity, I am all for it.
                        Lets get Eddie Basinski elected to the Polish Sports Hall of Fame.
                        www.brooklyndodgermemories.com

Comment

Originally posted by tonypug View Post
                          It seems that we are all on the same page on this with one exception. That one exception always tries to muddy the waters and cause conflict. Like I said on another thread, this exception obviously gets his kicks from this type of behavior.
                          You are wrong, Sir. Let's not get personal, shall we?

I was making a point. If you don't agree with that, fine, let's discuss it like men. There's no reason to take things to a personal level here.

Tell me on that note, why do you think the jersey is so similar to the original that it's beyond reproach and causes great anger if questioned otherwise?
                          - Walt Whitman

Comment

Originally posted by theAmazingMet View Post
                            Actually the font of the NY is closer to this Giants jersey.

[ATTACH]74900[/ATTACH]
                            1. Thanks for being the only person so far to oblige me with civility and willingness to discuss.

2. I agree.

3. I think it would have been better to wear a replica of that design--long sleeves, pinstripes, no piping and the thinner numbers.

The design they choose is just weird and out of balance IMO. Aside from the fact that it's a new design and not a true throwback, the NY on separate breasts (early 20th century style) mixed with the short sleeves, collar and placket piping (mid-century style) is an odd match, esthetically speaking. Two different eras morphed together into a hybrid look.
                            - Walt Whitman

Comment

I wish the Mets had done an exact New York Giants road uniform, with the only difference being the Mets skyline patch on the sleeve.
                              Let's Go Mets!
                              New York Mets fan since 1962

Comment

A great 1939 New York Giants road uniform with the 1939 World's Fair patch.......

Substitute the Mets logo patch for the World's Fair patch, and they look like New York Mets!
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Let's Go Mets!; 08-14-2009, 11:54 AM.
                                Let's Go Mets!
                                New York Mets fan since 1962

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X