Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Go Mets!
    replied
    The 1950's road uniforms would have been ideal with the Mets logo on sleeve.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Let's Go Mets!
    replied
    Originally posted by jnakamura View Post

These 1923 home unis were pretty sweet. They could have made the NY orange instead of red to give a real Mets flavor. The NY is already virtually the same.

I agree, the 1923 unis are cool. They'd be a better choice than playing make believe.

Leave a comment:

• jnakamura
    replied
    Originally posted by Let's Go Mets! View Post
    A great 1939 New York Giants road uniform with the 1939 World's fair patch.......

Substitute the Mets logo patch for the World's Fair patch, and they look like New York Mets!
    Those are nice. The photo doesn't show it, but they were mets blue.

These 1923 home unis were pretty sweet. They could have made the NY orange instead of red to give a real Mets flavor. The NY is already virtually the same.

Leave a comment:

• Let's Go Mets!
    replied
    A great 1939 New York Giants road uniform with the 1939 World's Fair patch.......

Substitute the Mets logo patch for the World's Fair patch, and they look like New York Mets!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Let's Go Mets!; 08-14-2009, 12:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Let's Go Mets!
    replied
    I wish the Mets had done an exact New York Giants road uniform, with the only difference being the Mets skyline patch on the sleeve.

Leave a comment:

• jnakamura
    replied
    Originally posted by theAmazingMet View Post
    Actually the font of the NY is closer to this Giants jersey.

[ATTACH]74900[/ATTACH]
    1. Thanks for being the only person so far to oblige me with civility and willingness to discuss.

2. I agree.

3. I think it would have been better to wear a replica of that design--long sleeves, pinstripes, no piping and the thinner numbers.

The design they choose is just weird and out of balance IMO. Aside from the fact that it's a new design and not a true throwback, the NY on separate breasts (early 20th century style) mixed with the short sleeves, collar and placket piping (mid-century style) is an odd match, esthetically speaking. Two different eras morphed together into a hybrid look.

Leave a comment:

• jnakamura
    replied
    Originally posted by tonypug View Post
    It seems that we are all on the same page on this with one exception. That one exception always tries to muddy the waters and cause conflict. Like I said on another thread, this exception obviously gets his kicks from this type of behavior.
    You are wrong, Sir. Let's not get personal, shall we?

I was making a point. If you don't agree with that, fine, let's discuss it like men. There's no reason to take things to a personal level here.

Tell me on that note, why do you think the jersey is so similar to the original that it's beyond reproach and causes great anger if questioned otherwise?

Leave a comment:

• tonypug
    replied
    Now getting back to business, if these uniforms are going to be auctioned and the proceeds go to the Mets charity, I am all for it.

Leave a comment:

• tonypug
    replied
    It seems that we are all on the same page on this with one exception. That one exception always tries to muddy the waters and cause conflict. Like I said on another thread, this exception obviously gets his kicks from this type of behavior.

Leave a comment:

• theAmazingMet
    replied
    Actually the font of the NY is closer to this Giants jersey.

1.bmp

Leave a comment:

• theAmazingMet
    replied
    I think Pete is referring to the style of the jersey. Obviously they aren't alike, but the style with the big "NY" where each letter is being worn on the opposite breast is alike.

Leave a comment:

• jnakamura
    replied
    Originally posted by penncentralpete View Post
    No. That cap isn't similar to the 1955 Dodger cap. So? What does that have to do with the jerseys?
    Glad you asked, so I'll tell you.

You agree with me that changing the wordmark for the B and adding a stripe on the cap means that to you it's not similar to the '55 cap.

So then why so you take issue with me when I use those exact same parameters in judging the lack of similarity of the N Y jersey?

Leave a comment:

• jnakamura
    replied
    You think that these uniform jerseys "are not even close to being similar"???
    Yes, I said they're not close to being similar.

Similarities:

1. Both have N Y on the front.

Differences:

1. Wordmark is completely different

2. Letters are a different size

3. Sleeves are a completely different short style

4. Piping on sleeves completely different

5. Button-up style completely different

6. Piping on collar completely different

1 similarity + 6 considerable differences = my opinion that it's not close to looking like an actual replica Giants jersey.

Leave a comment:

• jnakamura
    replied
    No. That cap isn't similar to the 1955 Dodger cap. So? What does that have to do with the jerseys? NOTHING.
    Perhaps this will help.

Leave a comment:

• penncentralpete
    replied
    Originally posted by jnakamura View Post
    Depends on what you consider similar. To me it's not even close to similar.

Would this be "similar" enough to represent a 1955 Brooklyn Dodgers cap?

No. That cap isn't similar to the 1955 Dodger cap. So? What does that have to do with the jerseys? NOTHING.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X