Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dodgers you disliked

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dodgers you disliked

    Just curious, were there any Dodgers that the fans didn't care for? Or were there any players that you yourself didn't like for whatever reasons?
    unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
    unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
    unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

  • #2
    Originally posted by theAmazingMet View Post
    Just curious, were there any Dodgers that the fans didn't care for?
    How about Walter O'Malley!

    Players? .............can't think of anyone.
    Last edited by Let's Go Mets!; 08-05-2009, 09:54 AM.
    Let's Go Mets!
    New York Mets fan since 1962

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Let's Go Mets! View Post
      How about Walter O'Malley!

      Players? .............can't think of anyone.
      Years later--Lasorda............but at the time EVERY Dodger was a "hero"..........
      you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS
      http://brooklyndodgermemories.freeforums.org/

      Comment


      • #4
        I wonder how well Leo Durocher was liked. He seemed to be a polarizing figure.

        Comment


        • #5
          Durocher was loved when wearing the Dodger uniform, he was hated when wearing another uniform. Duke Snider was the only Brooklyn player that I can remember ever getting publicly boord in Ebbets Field. Of course Duke brought it on himself, with his comments. But it was a within the family type of thing.
          Lets get Eddie Basinski elected to the Polish Sports Hall of Fame.
          www.brooklyndodgermemories.com

          Comment


          • #6
            I wonder if the fans booed during the "Daffiness Days"? Of course that is before ALL of our times...
            unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
            unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
            unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by theAmazingMet View Post
              I wonder if the fans booed during the "Daffiness Days"? Of course that is before ALL of our times...
              Which is not to say that some of us are indeed "Daffy".
              you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS
              http://brooklyndodgermemories.freeforums.org/

              Comment


              • #8
                How about Frank Kellert who agreed with Yogi that Jackie was out at home in the 55 WS. Of course by playing only in 39 games it is hard to imagine Kellert being a Dodger, even with his .325 BA.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Number 4 View Post
                  How about Frank Kellert who agreed with Yogi that Jackie was out at home in the 55 WS. Of course by playing only in 39 games it is hard to imagine Kellert being a Dodger, even with his .325 BA.
                  That comment pissed off his teammates, and of course Kellert was tradedto the Cubs right after the series.
                  Lets get Eddie Basinski elected to the Polish Sports Hall of Fame.
                  www.brooklyndodgermemories.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    MLB TV did a slow mo shot from a totally different angle of that steal. The camera was from in back of third base (behind Jackie, but close up) and he was safe! All the commentators agreed. SAFE. Rizzuto said he appeared safe, but Phil was pretty far away at ss.
                    you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS
                    http://brooklyndodgermemories.freeforums.org/

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Most of the angles, do show that Robinson was safe. The most popular photo, leaves that decision up to the individual viewing it. Yogi of course, clearly moves in front of the plate to meet the ball, and all Kellert had to do was move his bat and touch Yogi, and catchers interference would have had to been called.
                      Lets get Eddie Basinski elected to the Polish Sports Hall of Fame.
                      www.brooklyndodgermemories.com

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by tonypug View Post
                        Most of the angles, do show that Robinson was safe. The most popular photo, leaves that decision up to the individual viewing it. Yogi of course, clearly moves in front of the plate to meet the ball, and all Kellert had to do was move his bat and touch Yogi, and catchers interference would have had to been called.
                        We've "covered" Yogi's catcher's balk here some years back...............
                        you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS
                        http://brooklyndodgermemories.freeforums.org/

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I shed no tears when Fred Walker was packed off to Pittsburgh. he stopped being my "cherce" when I heard the stories about how he treated Robinson's arrival. while you're at it, throw it Bragan, although he was a second rater in every aspect.
                          After 1957, it seemed like we would never laugh again. Of course, we did. Its just that we were never young again.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by The Real McCoy View Post
                            I shed no tears when Fred Walker was packed off to Pittsburgh. he stopped being my "cherce" when I heard the stories about how he treated Robinson's arrival. while you're at it, throw it Bragan, although he was a second rater in every aspect.
                            I was born in July of 1947, so have no practical knowledge of Dixie's last years in Brooklyn. After being the darling of Brooklyn for years, how was he perceived and treated after his feelings about Robinson were revealed?
                            Lets get Eddie Basinski elected to the Polish Sports Hall of Fame.
                            www.brooklyndodgermemories.com

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by penncentralpete View Post
                              We've "covered" Yogi's catcher's balk here some years back...............
                              There is a great passage in the recent bio of Yogi Berra. The author, Allen Barra, is a neighboor and friend of Yogi's and recited verbaitim several exchanges between himself and Yogi on the topic at Yogi's annual World Series viewing event at the Berra Mueseum.

                              Quite ammusing as Berra gets more and more curt with his "HE WAS OUT" answer with each passing year!
                              NY Sports Day Independent Gotham Sports Coverage
                              Mets360 Mets Past, Present and Future
                              Talking Mets Baseball. A baseball blog with a Mets bias

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X