No announcement yet.

Dodgers you disliked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't expect Yogi to say anything different.
    Lets get Eddie Basinski elected to the Polish Sports Hall of Fame.
    www.brooklyndodgermemories.com

Comment

How bout the Barber?

My mom went to the game and sat in the press box when Sal Maglie pitched a no hitter as a Dodger. My dad said it was very tough to root for him at first because he was a legendary Dodger killer as a Jint.

Someone mentioned Leo, and Giants fans hated him up until 1948, and did not 'trust' him for a few seasons. Dodger fans hated him as soon as he left. All NYC fans took joy serenading him with "Goodbye Leo" in Sept 1969 as the Mets pulled away from the Cubs (when Kooz busted up Santo).

Comment

If Maglie and Durocher were actors, they would have always been cast as villains, never the leading man type.

Comment

Originally posted by tonypug View Post
          If Maglie and Durocher were actors, they would have always been cast as villains, never the leading man type.
          Especially "The Barber", he was one grizzled looking character.

Of course Bogart was once type-cast as the heavy, so you never know. Maybe you could picture "The Lip" singing in the rain, or maybe not!
          unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
          unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
          unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Comment

Durocher was the gangster type, Maglie would have played the undertaker.

Comment

I hated all the Dodgers.

Comment

But I LOVED Ebbets Field.

Comment

dodgers you disliked

hey musial6. did you ever see spotsmans park? i remember when musial hit the 5 homers in the double header against the ny giants in 1954, the papers said he hit the last one into the pavilion. as a 10 year old i had no idea what or where that was at the time. i grew up with a friend who was a cardinal fan. we never understood why, until he told us that at a dodger-cardinal game at ebbets field, he was hit by an errant cardinal throw pre-game, and they took him into the dugout. cool, huh.

Comment

Originally posted by jayzeeg View Post
                    hey musial6. did you ever see spotsmans park? i remember when musial hit the 5 homers in the double header against the ny giants in 1954, the papers said he hit the last one into the pavilion. as a 10 year old i had no idea what or where that was at the time. i grew up with a friend who was a cardinal fan. we never understood why, until he told us that at a dodger-cardinal game at ebbets field, he was hit by an errant cardinal throw pre-game, and they took him into the dugout. cool, huh.

Yes, I was in SP many times, but Ebbets Field was better. That pavilion you mentioned was actually the only place blacks could sit until well into the '50s. St. Louis was really a large Southern town.

I personally became a Redbird fan in 1942. I fell in love with the birds on the bat while attending my first major league game at the Polo Grounds. I had actually rooted for the Dodgers in '41--loved Joe Medwick.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X