Game 7 of 1952.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game 7 of 1952.....

I see Holley Music now has this game on audio (NBC-TV) with Red & Mel and the drums and horns blowing at EF - nice to listen to except for the ending of course...

http://www.cooperstownmusic.com/

The video of this has been available for years in collectors circle. Games 6 and 7 are the oldest surviving major league baseball telecasts. I wouldn't waste money on the audio of something that exists in the video format.

Comment

Yes, I know. I buy the audio and listen to the games while driving.

Comment

Do the videos in collectors circles contain the original 'between innings' ads?
        Let's Go Mets!
        New York Mets fan since 1962

Comment

Yes, the Gillette ads are intact in the circulating copies.

Comment

Originally posted by epaddon View Post
            Yes, the Gillette ads are intact in the circulating copies.
            Is the overall quality.... better than....equal to....or worse than .....the MLB cable broadcasts?
            Let's Go Mets!
            New York Mets fan since 1962

Comment

The audio quality is excellent but not in every case. The video is from Kinescope and shows the usual fuzzy quality. Rare Sports Films has part of game 5, 1955 and game 2, 1956 in addition to Larsen's game that is missing the first 7 batters as reel one is lost.

http://www.raresportsfilms.com/baseball.html

Holley Music have radio games going bact to the 1930's....pop one in while driving and go back in time.....

Comment

Almost all of Game 3 and much of Game 6 of the '57 World Series exists too. Interestingly, for the telecasts, Mel Allen was partnered with Al Helfer who had done Dodger games that year and in the Gillette spots that aired during the 57 WS, Helfer was shown interviewing Dodger players with Allen interviewing Yankee players (Earl Gillespie, the Braves announcer did the Series on NBC Radio).

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X